Recommend some mods please

I'm looking for mods that will enhance or help me play CMBN. I'm not looking for hi-res or better-texture mods as these are eye-candy mods, but I remember seeing in one post a mod for the terrain so that it has "grids" and the lines help you, the commander, "see" the elevation changes. Such aids is what I am looking for.

Anything to help with playing and streamlining the experience would be much appreciated. Still finding my way around the Repository so if anyone could point me to something specific, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

You could try one of my user interface mods ("Juju's TweakedUI 1.1a" for CM:BN version 1.x, or "Juju's tweaked UI 2.0" for CM:BN version 2.0 and up).

It helps in the sense that weapons and vehicles are a little more recognizable in the UI (not just silhouettes). It's also easier to see whether your MG's, mortars and guns are set up or not, and whether your vehicles are buttoned or not.

It's also eye-candy. Nothing wrong with a little eye-candy. ;)

Check this: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=107580

Wow, thanks for that link. I did download your mod but was not able to appreciate the importance yet as the thumbnails were itty-bitty tiny. The link pics are better.

Regarding eye candy, I don't much care for terrain textures or building textures as I tend to view the battle from "higher up" to get a better field-of-view of the battlefield. Thus, hi-res barn textures are lost on my experience. I don't care if my troops have the proper patches or not, as I will rarely see them, if at all. However, UI eye-candy **will** be in my face all the time and are thus useful and appreciated.