Strange Bug After Breakthrough Patch Installed

After installing the latest Breakthrough patch (1.02) I am unable to start either the game or the editor. Instead I get the following error:

"Could not find Bitmaps\activation_sprites.bmp". I checked the installation folder and the file in question is where it should be. I then re-installed the entire game and then the patch to no avail. Even when the the original game is installed without a single patch the same error occurs. The only recent change to my system was installing Win 8 Pro on another drive. My system is a dual boot system where I can chose to boot into Win 7 or Win 8. It has been this way since the Win 8 preview came out over a year ago. I am currently running the game under Win 7 and have not tried running it under Win 8 yet. Both OS are the 64 bit versions and both have windows media center installed.

Any thoughts? I also tried adding the Breakthrough path to the path environment variable with no results either.

I believe the particular file you are getting an error with is actually part of SC WW1.

Where do you have SC WW1 installed ? Is it installed to the default location or a custom one ? If it is installed to a custom directory, you may want to reinstall the game to the default location and see if Breakthrough runs.

It's installed in the default location and was working fine since it was installed in October. Just installed it on my Win 8 OS (on the same PC) and it's working fine again. Seems to be a Win 7 issue which did not exist before.:confused: