I love the game, Should I get SC2+WAW+PDE and Pacific?

I am loving global conflict however my only complaint is that the world feels really squeezed in. I was wondering if its not the case in the older SCs since I am planning to get all SC2 and expac and Pacific Theatre?

I am also wondering if the older games were updated with the UI in GC gold and that zoom feature thing? If not then I won't mind. My only concern is that I feel that the world is a bit small and I would have preferred to a more fleshed out European or Pacific theatre so I am getting all of those I mentioned above.

Any reply ASAP will be greatly appreciated before my mum changes her mind of letting me buy all the SC+WAW+PDE and Pacific

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum and I'm glad you're enjoying the game! :)

SC2 Blitzkrieg and its expansion packs (Weapons and Warfare and Patton Drives East) as well as SC Pacific all use larger scale maps than in Global Conflict. So these will give you a more in depth game for each theater.

The zoom feature exists in our WWI and Global releases, but not in the previous ones I'm afraid. But pressing enter on your keyboard brings up the War Map which does help considerably in assessing the situation.

Bill

If you want to play WW2 in Europe (i.e. the same as SC2 WaW) using SC Global Gold I can highly recommend 1939 SOE Fast Play by Winti available in the Repository.

If you are more interested in the ETO rather than the PTO you may want to look at SCWW1 instead as it has a full WW2 ETO campaign Storm Over Europe (with an updated version of this in Breakthrough).

Unless you really want the scenarios in SC2/WaW/PDE, SCWW1+Breakthrough might be a better option if you want full theatre WW2 campaigns (plus you will get lots of very good WW1 scenarios / campaigns and the Russian Civil War in Breakthrough).

Having got used to the updates and new features in Gold and WW1 it is quite difficult to go back to and really enjoy the original SC2.

If you want to play WW2 in Europe (i.e. the same as SC2 WaW) using SC Global Gold I can highly recommend 1939 SOE Fast Play by Winti available in the Repository.

If you are more interested in the ETO rather than the PTO you may want to look at SCWW1 instead as it has a full WW2 ETO campaign Storm Over Europe (with an updated version of this in Breakthrough).

Unless you really want the scenarios in SC2/WaW/PDE, SCWW1+Breakthrough might be a better option if you want full theatre WW2 campaigns (plus you will get lots of very good WW1 scenarios / campaigns and the Russian Civil War in Breakthrough).

Having got used to the updates and new features in Gold and WW1 it is quite difficult to go back to and really enjoy the original SC2.

Your name seems familiar. Do you use the same name over at matrix forum?

Anyway I didn't know that it was better to get WW1+Breakthrough rather than getting all of it. I just got all of it and I don't have any scenarios that I prefer. I just wanted to play WW2 and thought I should get the older games just to play more focus on the particular theater. I was wondering when the prices are discounted because I will just grab both WW1 and expansion maybe next month.

Just a side question, How do I change my forum name? it prompted me to ask for my email when I registered then I ended up having my email instead of my prefered forum name?

Just a side question, How do I change my forum name? it prompted me to ask for my email when I registered then I ended up having my email instead of my prefered forum name?

Hi Mike

I don't know whether or not your name can be changed, and it may be that it isn't possible, but I would suggest submitting a ticket at the Helpdesk:

http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk/

That way the support team will be able to give you a definitive answer either way.