Framerate problem ?

Hi,i just ran fraps because i noticed stutter on medium map (panzer marsch mission 4). I am getting between 12 and 24 fps ?? This is with an overclocked 2500k with 8 gig of ram and an overclocked gigabyte hd 7950 (3GB) . I am playing at 1920x1200 and using win7 64 bit on an ssd , something must be wrong !any ideas ???

Oh yeh whilst i think of it i have tried removing the overclocks without any change in performance . and version 2.

Drivers, LOL, next you'll be suggesting he just needs to reboot his system, this is like talking to L1 tech support.

Let's throw a wee bit of occam's razor in the mix here shall we? The most likely explanation is the game itself.

Denco is running a 7970, Evo a 7950, still no slouch, and I'm running, for sake of this discussion, an extremely o/c'd 680GTX on an i7 o/c'd to 4.5 w/ 8GB RAM (iotw, nothing about my system is slowed down in the least by anything, not even Shogun 2).

Yet, this game still stutters when I move around the battlefield. I'm not troubled much by this because I've just assumed for a small shop BFC has optimized this as much as they can (which is to say not much). No biggie.

I just want to set straight that this isn't a user hardware issue, that's all, because it most definitely is not.

P.S. This is usually the point Schrullenhaft enters the conversation and blames it all on OpenGL drivers, to which I reply, stop using them. ;)

Well, just to confirm what easytarget has said: I only have CMSF, but I've played the demo for CMBN and CMFI.

The first time I played CMSF (Demo) was on a Athlon x2 4400 (~2,3ghz) + Geforce 8800gs... 1024x768, a lor of years ago... the thing that bothered me the most was the camera stutters, the graphics aren't "great" in this game. I felt the game sluggish when the camera was showing all the map, and smooth when I was near ground level, looking down.

After that I played the game with a HD5770 for same results (now playing in 1920x1080), later with a i5-760 + HD5770 (faster, but sluggish), then with a HD6870 (still sluggish), and yesterday I reinstalled CMSF after ~1 year... I'm using a HD7850 + i5-3570k @4,1ghz (bought it this week, so I thought "let's try CMSF!")... Way faster... when I'm looking down, same results from 4 years ago when facing all the map. (Consider that I've used in those years a lot of different drivers, etc).

The problem is on the game engine... The graphics aren't good (really nice units models, bland houses, fences, etc., and the terrain is horrible IMO) but I can live with that. The issue is having this graphics with the crap performance. I only play in WEGO, so the stutters don't impact my gameplay performance, but it's extremely annoying.

Really hopes that in the next CMSF they manage to "fix" the engine... It would be awesome if the Combat Mission gameplay could be combined with a graphical experience similar to Achtung Panzer series, for example. Besides "de-annoying" me, a nice engine, with eye-candy (Graviteam managed to do it, I think Battlefront can make it right too), would attract a lot more players (put in a better interface too!).

I think the engine is not optimized well although it's much better than version 1.0. You can try to turn off shadows but there will be little difference if any. I have noticed that game works well(except map loading time ) and smooth on my laptop (and I have got much weaker machine then you= Intel Core Duo 2Ghz, 4 GB RAM, ATI MOBLILITY RADEON HD4530 512mb) but there is significant frame rate drop when pointing camera on a big and dense woods. Specially if the camera is close to it but it's still playable. Turning off trees or enabling "show nearby trunks" options helps a lot.