Mortars and covered arcs

Until I upgraded to version 2.0 I was able to set a covered arc for a mortar and then establish a Target or Light Target for this mortar. This allowed the mortar to set up behind bocage, for example, and fire only mortar rounds at a distant target, but seemed to keep the mortar from being spotted. Thought this was really great, but now seems to have disappeared from version 2.0. Anyone else have any ideas on this? It sure beat having to use a spotter.

What you say sounds exactly right to me, but I used to be able to do both. Maybe a glitch when I loaded it? Anyway, thanks for telling me I'm back to normal - seriously - thank you for taking the time to respond.

If you really could do both on the same waypoint, then it was rather more than a glitch; it was magic.

Are you sure you're not remembering a technique where the (short) CA gets applied at the waypoint where the mortar team start crawling (up to the bocage), with the Target (light) coming into effect on the terminal waypoint where they want to fire their HE from? I particularly think this is likely with your bocage example because the mortar team would not be able to have a Target command set for something beyond the bocage before they were actually in situ. It's worth noting that if the mortar was firing at a "distant target", the small arms wouldn't have been firing anyway.