This will silence your LOUD Wind files

Artofwar

You have to edit or “fix” the files in the Normandy v100A.brz file

This .brz file has among other things in it two files named background fog.wav and as background wind.wav that make all these sounds which I find quite annoying the lound wind sound blowing wind even when you make a scenario and choose NO WIND :mad:

Anyway copy these files to your z folder (background fog.wav and background wind.wav) then using sound recorder put silence or whatever you want in them.

:rolleyes: In order to figure out how to get to these files in your Normandy v100A.brz file read below:

The Normandy v100A.brz file is in the DATA folder ..... EXPLODE this file using Rezexplode in the Mod Tools folder how to use rezexplode is explained in the mod tools folder.

Once opened all you need to do now is to find the files named:

background fog.wav and background wind.wav

Copy these two files to your Z folder

ok now put the sound in these files that you want to hear because these files are in your z folder you will hear them and not the loud wind if you do nothing to these files you will hear the loud wind cause these files are giving you this sound. So put sound into these files.

:cool: In order to change the properties of your windows Sound Recorder so that it saves files in .wav format read below:

Ok so get to your sound recorder by going to START Accessories then RIGHT MOUSE CLICK on Sound Recorder. Now click on PROPERTIES make sure the SHORTCUT tab is clicked on up top Now then look for the word TARGET you are going to type something into this space to the right of the word TARGET.

Type the following:

soundrecorder /file outputfile.wav

Click APPLY and windows will put some fancy smancy stuff in there and then click on ok.

:) Once you have sound recorder set up to save a file in .wav format then:

double click sound recorder icon to run or start sound recorder. Click start recording for oh about 5 seconds then stop recording. It saves this silent file as a .wav file.

Make sure you save it to the exact name and location of the file you have in your z folder that you want to silence like oh I don’t know BACKGROUND WIND.WAV !!!! just click on this file one time that you should already have placed in your z folder and it puts the name of this file in the save window and save the file OVERWRITE IT.

I mean I guess I am weird but these wind sounds almost ruined it for me.

Do this same thing for the other windy file sound

NOTE: might as well at this time go into the mod tools folder and delete the folder that rezexplode made and delete the .brz file you exploded. the one you copied to the input folder.

Go to this link here on youtube to see how to exactly edit your sound recorder so that it saves files in .wav format. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSE8sJA8UtE