Marines AWOL

Installed CMSF with Marines from CMSF_Marines_Bundle_Setup exe file in April, 2011. My CMSF now shows version 1.32 but the Marine module is missing (it was present before for sure). I run avg but turn off resident shield when installing. I have saved the original setup exe file & I have backup copies (unopened) of CMSF & the Marines module. Suggestions, please. Do I need to do a complete & fresh re-install or can I try to install the Marines module into 1.32 CMSF? What is this going to do to my activation limits?

Thanks in advance.

Try reinstalling the 1.32 patch and make sure that 'CMSF' and 'Marines' options are checked to be updated. Hopefully it is as simple as this.

If the Marines module had been activated on this computer earlier, then the activation should remain in place. If you have made significant hardware changes or reinstall or upgraded your Windows version, then that could cause a problem with the activation. However this would be true for the base CMSF game too. So I suspect it may just be a matter of reinstalling the 1.32 patch and paying close attention to the options when then come up during the patch installation.

If you have the bundle installer, then go ahead and use that. If the Marines module (or bundle) has been activated on this computer (and operating system) earlier, then it should still be in place and you won't have to reactivate the license key. However, if there have been changes to this computer (new/different hardware or reinstall/upgrade of Windows) then you will probably have to activate the license key again.

With the CMSF + Marines bundle install you will want to do the following. Disable your security software during the install and license activation process, just in case it interferes:

1. Install the CMSF + Marines bundle.

2. Launch CMSF. If necessary activate the license key. You should now be at version 1.10 or 1.11 and you should see the CMSF Stryker and Marines LAV icons in the lower left corner of the main menu. Double-check that you can see open Marines and standard scenarios.

3. Install the 1.21 patch. Make sure that 'Marines' and 'CMSF' are selected. If you get a request to activate the license for the British Forces module (which I assume you do not have), then just reinstall the 1.21 patch and make the correct selections. You should NOT need tor reactivate the license key after the patch.

4. Run CMSF and make sure you're at 1.21 and that the Marines LAV icon is in the lower left corner of the main menu still.

5. Install the 1.31 patch. Again make sure to make the correct selections and if you don't, just re-run the patch.

6. Run CMSF and check that you still have access to the Marines content and you're at 1.31.

7. Install the 1.32 patch. Again make the proper selections for your modules. Any requests for another license key and you should probably reinstall the patch again and double-check your selections.

Hopefully this will get you running again. You may want to go through your security software settings and possibly set exceptions for the main executable ('CM Shock Force.exe') and the Marines executable ('CMSF Marines Module.exe') in the 'Modules' sub-directory.