Fraud and/or Piracy of CM on Yahoo

I thought people (the copyright owners in particular) would like to know that there is an outfit auctioning off a lot of games on Yahoo called Maple Valley Software. Now, they seem to specialize in piracy (oops, "backup CDs for games you already own"). But they also sell allegedly retail version games. Three of those on auction now are Combat Mission, Panzer Elite, and Braveheart. These do not say pre-order, they are up for auction. I presume this is straight fraud rather than pirated beta's, perhaps you (or Teut, etc) would be interested in bidding on a copy to nail these pricks for their fraudulent solictation of your customers. I have notified yahoo, I presume that battlefront - and the denizens of this board - might wish to do so as well. If nothing else, if you all register for Yahoo auctions and leave these jerks negative feedback, it should drive them underground or at least make anyone think twice about dealing with them.

I'll be leaving a similar message for Teut and the Braveheart boys later today.

Nick Hyle

Classic Games Editor

wargamer.com

Guest Big Time Software

Hey! The asking price is only $50.99, so here is our new development plan:

1. Bid on the game

2. Secure top bid

3. Receive CM (in a BOX no less!!)

4. Send CD off to our replicator

5. Have our warehouse stocked

6. Release!

Man, just think of all the time and money this guy is going to save us! I can hardly wait to see if I finished doing all the models in time for the release wink.gif

Steve

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, you never know, maybe you could even buy a copy of CM2 and thus intergrate its enhancements back into CM before its release smile.gif

I take it from your response Steve that these guys are obviously a can short of a six pack, and there is no way they can have what they are claiming? smile.gif

Guest John Maragoudakis

I read over at the strategic games newsgroup that Total Annihilation Kingdoms put bad sectors on the disk on purpose since cd copiers can't copy bad sectors. The game looks for these bad sectors for verification.

Guest Big Time Software

Yeah, total scam artist. They had something like 147 items posted to Yahoo's auction site around the same time. What are you willing to bet that nobody is going to see any of those items? smile.gif

Steve

Steve said,

"Hey! The asking price is only $50.99, so here is our new development plan:

1. Bid on the game

2. Secure top bid

3. Receive CM (in a BOX no less!!)

4. Send CD off to our replicator

5. Have our warehouse stocked

6. Release!

Man, just think of all the time and money this guy is going to save us! I can hardly

wait to see if I finished doing all the models in time for the release"

KwazyDog said,

"Hehe, you never know, maybe you could even buy a copy of CM2 and thus intergrateits enhancements back into CM before its release"

I say,

it sounds like a plot right out of Hitchiker's Guide. The next step is to incorporate some lines of code from Windows2010 and then sue the crap out of Microsoft for copyright infringement.

What are your REAL names, Steve and Charles?

DjB