Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Machinegun LOS Issues

I was wandering if anyone else was having this issue and if there is a way to correct this?

When positioning my MMG's and HMG's against a bocage with other squads of infantry in order to fire against the opposing line of bocage, my MG's often do not have lines of sight to the opposing bocage. This is frustrating because the infantry that the MG's are positioned with have lines of sight to the enemy behind the opposing bocage.

The MG's actually have no line of sight to any point in the opposing bocage or to the field directly in front of them, even.

Is this a glitch or is this lack of MG LOS an intentional aspect of the programming explained by the MG being placed closer to the ground, which obscures line of sight?

What you are probably seeing is the "Tripod MG setup issue," which happens sometimes when a tripod MG team approaches a bocage line at a shallow angle, and then sets up the MG. For full details, including pretty pictures, pls. see this thread:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=102131&highlight=bocage

Note that further down in this thread, a workaround is described -- as long at the MG team makes its final approach to the bocage at right angles, it seems the MG will set up so that it can see and fire through the hedge.

Cheers,

YD