Somebody just gave me CC4 for Christmas....

Guest Captain Foobar

Guest Captain Foobar

Should I install it? No just kidding, I have... I think it will be great for stealing ideas for CM missions. ROCKET TANKS HERE WE COME!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Captain Foobar (edited 12-25-99).]

Well i couldnt help myself I BOUGHT IT!!!

mainly cause i got a few mates that like the last ones and they have it and wanted a good challenge,any we have the patch.i didnt find it to bad.Abit to tankey and they need to get rid of that damn cruise missle launcher and the game would be alot better.

Oh well,it will be interesting to see what there next patch fixes.More infantry less armour would help but i doubt that will happen .hate having x6 A\Cars a few light tanks and some halftracks and about x3 recon squads

------------------

AUCK

New Zealand

Superpower waiting to happen

Friend of mine bought it (luckily he can bring it back which is not too common here in Germany). We played a few games... this thing is unplayable. If you let the AI attack and do not set a time limit, the game will never end. The AI just stops advancing after taking 40% of the map! Infantry is dying like flies - don't even think about attacking with infantry against tanks: they'll spot your sneaking troops from hundreds of meters away, from the rear and the sides, no matter what. Pathfinding sucks even more than in the earlier versions and vehicles get stuck on every corner of a house, have trouble finding bridges etc. You really have to take them by the hand if you want to order them to move anywhere a few meters away, and even then it might not work. And those maps are terrible - elevations are not clear, and when you right-click to get terrain info, it is absolutely incomprehensible while some locations have "poor cover", while another one has "good cover"...

My opinion - take it for what it's worth. But don't say you haven't been warned smile.gif