If CMx1 had horses, it might look like this!

I found this tutorial vid while exploring the sidebar for the next Armchair General CMBN Tutorial.

To me, it's particularly reminiscent, visually, of CMBO, the CMx1 game that started it all and is still selling--12 years after release! Since this is a vid which I've only watched a bit of, I can't speak to feature comparisons, but they do have horses. I think, though, the horses are sprite based, not truly rendered. I like the messages delivered by courier, too, and I think having a Staff Advisor chip in has something to recommend it, though if not toggleable, it's likely to drive more experienced players nuts. Had no idea anything like this was out there in Wargaming Land. Could my unawareness be the result of CM Blinders™ and a marginal economy? Or is it that the narrator keeps saying CAL VUH REE, instead of CAV UL REE? Sigh. Not good for immersion!

Regards,

John Kettler

I've now watched a bit more than half of the tutorial, Part 1 of 4. If the camera movement is as it seems to be, than everyone should send retroactive thank you notes to BFC, for theirs is jerky, to the point of equilibrium disturbance. The realistic maneuver commands are cool, but formation change is lightning quick compared to the real world. I may be seeing time compression via editing, though. I think the Alabaman on the hill could've seriously disrupted the gaggle of Union formations not firing and maneuvering to their direct front. Judging from the "to the nearest yard distance to the foe" display, I'm forced to conclude the "Time Tunnel" was used to send in laser rangefinders so the Union troops would know exactly when to open fire. Saw no evidence of any GUNS OF THE SOUTH AK-47s, though. So far, I've seen no cannon being brought into action, but this IS an infantry brigade command tutorial.

Regards,

John Kettler