The Few Good Men Launches new ladder

cargol

We are proud to announce the launching of new ladder over at The Few Good Men Wargaming and Military History Club.

Follow the first link to access the ladder thread and the second link to access the home page

of The Few Good Men Wargaming and Military History Club

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/new-ladder-system-at-fgm-how-to-register.15221/

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/

We are proud to announce the launching of new ladder over at The Few Good Men Wargaming and Military History Club./QUOTE]

Looked interesting. A ladder were performance is how you are ranked - good.

But wait, draws are not scored by the ladder? What? That seems very odd. Reaching a draw against a higher ranked player is how some of use eked out our fist progress on other ladders. They are important. They need to count.

Sorry for responding here but once I read that I decided not to sign up for an account. Therefore I cannot post to the discussion thread on your site. Let me know if things change.

/QUOTE]

Reaching a draw against a higher ranked player is how some of use eked out our fist progress on other ladders.

I dont understand what you are writing here,are you from the French part of Canada? :)

Indeed our ladder dont count draws but that is sthing we can live with.

After all FGM is not only about the ladders it has tourneys,discussions on various subjects (wargaming,military history, etc), great photo section (covering WWI,WWII,minor conflicts,Vietnam war,Gulf wars),a multimedia section and many more interesting subjects.

I m sure that if you had taken the time to explore it a bit you would have found the ''lacking of draw'' issue a minor thing not worth mentioning.

Anyway i ve made the initial post to inform the community for our new ladder(knowing that there is only a handfull {or less} of active ladders around) and also to give the opportunity to the fellow wargamers who didnt know the existence of our club to have the chance to know it.

I dont understand what you are writing here,are you from the French part of Canada? :)

Nope, the Queen's English is my first language :) What I meant was that, for the ladder I am on, I lost game after game to stronger players until I finally eked out a draw and that was my first progress on the ladder. It mattered to me.

Eked out: see definition #2 http://www.thefreedictionary.com/eke+out

:D

Indeed our ladder dont count draws but that is sthing we can live with.

After all FGM is not only about the ladders it has tourneys,discussions on various subjects (wargaming,military history, etc), great photo section (covering WWI,WWII,minor conflicts,Vietnam war,Gulf wars),a multimedia section and many more interesting subjects.

I m sure that if you had taken the time to explore it a bit you would have found the ''lacking of draw'' issue a minor thing not worth mentioning.<snip>

Great, I am pleased you are happy with the site. All I am saying is for me the ladder would be my focus so I know I would not be happy with draws not counting. Just my opinion that's all. I am sure others will feel differently or not.

Nope, the Queen's English is my first language :) What I meant was that, for the ladder I am on, I lost game after game to stronger players until I finally eked out a draw and that was my first progress on the ladder. It mattered to me.

Eked out: see definition #2 http://www.thefreedictionary.com/eke+out

:D

Great, I am pleased you are happy with the site. All I am saying is for me the ladder would be my focus so I know I would not be happy with draws not counting. Just my opinion that's all. I am sure others will feel differently or not.

Are u using the callsign ''A Canadian cat'' at Blitz ?

Are u using the callsign ''A Canadian cat'' in Blitz ?

That's me. And I assume you have the same call sign on the Blitz as here. We played a game earlier in the summer which I managed a Minor Victory. Damn hard but I was pretty happy since you have been in the top 5 (by ELO rank) since I started. Which is a ranking you clearly deserve.

I wish I had signed up with a better call sign than my own name...

Thank you for your kind words.

I remember the game and indeed it was a good fight and a well desrved victory for you.

I see that it has been some time since you played a ladder game in Blitz as you ve last reported a game in early August.

That would have been a minus in FGM ladder as players which are not active for a month

(not reporting a game for 30 days) are losing one position in the ranking table(a good feature IMO)

Anyway you are more than welcome to come by whenever you want.

Till we meet again......

<snip>

I see that it has been some time since you played a ladder game in Blitz as you ve last reported a game in early August.

That would have been a minus in FGM ladder as players which are not active for a month

(not reporting a game for 30 days) are losing one position in the ranking table(a good feature IMO)

Interesting. Inactive players slowly dropping out of site is not a bad feature but I am far from in-active on the Blitz ladder. I have five PBEM ladder games on the go right now. I can only manage a turn per day so I have never played a game in less than a month.

Anyway you are more than welcome to come by whenever you want.

Till we meet again......

Thanks.