Game freezes

Hi guys, I just recently bought CM:SF, and I started the Stryker campaign. The problem is that it seems that every time I face the sun with the camera it would cause the game to freeze for about 10 sec, and when it continues it would re-render the texture of the entire map. The problem exists during the UK scenario from the SF demo, and I was hoping that I wouldn't experience it from the real game. Has anyone else experience this problem and if so, are there any solutions to it?

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a solution to this. I don't know why the game has to refresh the textures, but this did seem to be a bit of an issue for a number of users in CMSF. I don't know if reducing the '3D Texture Quality' in the options will help at all or not. Within the game you can change the '3D Model Quality' with the { and } shortcuts, though I don't think that would have any affect on this issue.