newbie question

Hi i bouht SCGC a year ago but i didnt play it because i must use the entire alliance when play agame (ex. axis with germany japan and italy..etc).. a want to know if with the gold expansion and the introduction of france and italy as separate major nations i can use a single naton to play the game or i can only use the alliance again...

thanks in advance for your reply

sorry for my bad english

Hi JC LEON.

The Gold expansion is a truly worthy add-on fo SC GC, but it doesn't offer the feature you would like to get: you still have to play all countries of your alliance.

For most players (like me) this is of course a dream come true . But i can of course understand your feelings too.

I'd like what Leon is suggesting. I'd would be interesting for me for two reasons: 1) shorter game turn, faster pace 2) To give an handicap vs AI for an interesting challenge

Let's say I play a Russia only game. I have no control over when the second front in western europe is going to happen, maybe the AI will go Japan first and I'm waiting for nothing! Would most probably have to manage my ressource differently. Another scenario: I could try a game as Italy and see how big I can get!

I guess everybody likes what Leon is suggesting. Thats why there are some games around (today and back in the past) where this option was avaiable.

What i do remember from these games (like SSI's Clash of Steel) was that you sometimes got angry because the AI moved not, moved bad, or simply failed.

I guess programming the AI to understand and play well together with a human ally is quite a bit of work (you need probably a dozen more battleplans for the AI, as an example).

Would it?

For example in global war other than D-Day, I can't think of other significant multi-nation operations done by the AI.

The Theaters are rather seperate, almost like different game on its own. I dunno much about programming, but maybe something as basic has 'enemy AI turn, Ally AI turn, Human' sequence would work with the current AI.

Since the AI goes first and not after you, no nasty surprise that the Ally AI didn't follow-up on your masterful plan (or alternatively, steal the capital from under your nose). If it plays first, you are kinda dealt a hand of cards it's up to you to make the most of it.