PART DEUX of CMHQ Update NOW UP!!! open me for details!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

I promised you there would be more and more you get!

We have an excellent fictional piece written by Henri Arsenault which takes place during the Chance Encounter Scenario! VERY NICE, also up are turns 16-20 (Turn 19, whata Blast eh Fionn?!? wink.gif ) in the now Classic Alpha Battle Between TGN's own Fionn Kelly and Mr. 'Moon' Martin... Watch all the gory details unfold at the only place where our love for you is unconditional.... smile.gif

combathq.thegamers.net

Madmatt out....

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-08-99).]

Guest Madmatt

Well, so far you are the only person to say anything negative about it. What does everyone else think? BTW if you use Netscape, you don't get the Marquee at all...But then the site also doesn't look as good with Netscape IMHO. wink.gif

Madmatt out...

Yes, but only about 5% of visitors use Netscape ( ah the glory of counters wink.gif ) so I'm not about to ask Matt to possibly screw the site up for IE visitors for 5% of the visitorship..

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Madmatt

Ahhh ,the wonders of cross platform compatabilty.

Here is some new info regarding the (hang, on techincal term coming wink.gif) SCROLL, THINGY,JIMMYABOB,DOFLICKY:

Some people who:

A) Use Mac's with IE,

are experienceing problems with the scroll bar. It appears to race by very fast. The only solution seems to be to switch your Mac browser to Netscape. The reason? Well I primarily use Frontpage 2000 to do all updates , might not be the best but it's what I am comfortable with right now!

Now, because of some weird temporal singularity field that seems to exist between products from Netscape and products from Microsoft, Netscape users (regardless of OS) don't get the aforementioned Scroll Line. They just get a nice static text message, no thrills at all.

If the Scroll thing is messed up then my suggestion is to switch to Netscape. Fionn mentioned a percentage of users visiting the site that run Netscape, You must understand that the scroll problem only affects those (at least thats what my testing has shown) that are also using Mac's with IE and that number is a very very very very very very very itty bitty teeny tiny itsy bitsy amount (approx 4% of the 5% Netscape users, whats that? Less than 1%!!! smile.gif)

I wish I could fix it, but my research (Yes, I do take your comments VERY seriously and try to resolve them as quick as I can! wink.gif) has shown that this problem is known and there currently is no fix available that would be easy to implement without digging into Java scripts and that just a can of worms I have NO desire to dig into...

We now return you to the Arts!

Madmatt out... biggrin.gif