MP pausing issues?

ok not to underestimate the amazing new pause feature.....A big thank your to CHARLES!!!

I do have a question. Is there a faster way even a "hotkey" to get a pause to my opponent?

As it stands I have to click on the menu, browse the list, select the type of pause I would like to request and then wait until my opponent then hits the pause key or delete key to deny my request?

Had a few LAN games in the same room and even with voicing a pause sometimes it would go unnoticed by my frantic opponent working on his movements. All 5 of our players still think to request the privilege of pausing a concern.....All agreed that if their opponent wished to pause then just do it. It was even a hassle sometimes for the requested player to accept it.

At the minimum could one just get a key stoke for a pause/request? Could one just select the pause option they wanted at the beginning of the game rather than having to browse the list every pause. We paused at least 50-90 times in a 45 minute scenario (s)....depending on the size of the scenarios. It can become a large micro management issue IMHO.

Just curious does anyone use on a regular basis the limited pause features?

In 4 scenarios we played only had one drop when the host was pausing and the remote CPU was placing an combat arc. Very stable.

Just idea for discussion for future MP improvements in the years to come.....

The pause feature was so popular at the bar afterwords 2 of our non players (since CMSF) wanted to join us in our next gaming session!!

• 2 weeks later...
I would love for the host to have an option to toggle a trusted pause feature. This enables a pause whenever either player wants it. There could be a box where the host can set a cooldown timer for pausing so it wouldn't be abused.

Sounds like a good idea. Any other experiences with the Pause in MP games?