Enemy Icons Disappear when Targeting

Hello All:

Playing Mission 3 in Basic Training.

Some of my units see enemy units on Hill 2014. When I click Target and begin to move the mouse so I can target the enemy unit, the enemy icon disappears.

In CMBN if you could see something but did not have LOF, the line color would change from light blue. But the enemy icon would stay visible. Here it is disappearing.

Any help appreciated.

Gerry

The word "some" in your post makes me wonder:

What mode do you have the game set to (Iron? Elite? etc.?)

It could be that the unit(s) you're setting target(s) for aren't necessarily the same unit(s) that report the contact(s). So when you select a friendly unit to set its target, you only see the enemies that unit sees.

Remember that CMFI uses relative spotting.

It's the basic training level. (I have played CMBN but with CMFI I thought I would work through all the training to pick up as much as I can).

When I click on the firing unit to give a Target order, and enemy icons are visible, then those enemy units are seen by that highlighted firer, right?

I believe all visible icons for the firer disappeared when I tried to draw the targeting line.

Gerry