Good news if you have the issue with ugly shadows and ATI cards

With CMSF and CMBN my shadows looked terrible, very similar to this post. From my reading through posts it seems this is primarily a problem with some ATI cards like I have. However, with the new shaders these problems seem to have been solved. If you turn the shaders off it goes right back to the super dark and jacked up shadows, if you're feeling nostalgic :D.

The shadows still have a few quirks here and there, but after playing a couple scenarios I can happily report that this will be the first CMx2 game that I can play with the shadows turned on! I'm looking forward to the 2.0 Upgrade for CMBN even more now, just so I can finally turn shadows on.

General performance also seems to be improved a few notches, on most of the maps I've tried the game runs perfectly smooth no matter where the camera is or how much action is going on.