The Olympics

Honestly?

Breaking people for fun and profit is the least of your problems in that regard.

No one is forced to play football. In fact many players make a damned good living at it, as well as announcers, managers all the way down to the guy who sells the hotdogs. So you may view profit as evil, I suspect you do, and if the NFL or NCAA was a corporation, well we would never hear the end of it.

Now maybe in Utopia, profit motive is not needed but in the real world it is and if it comes with a little fun, well that's just sport.

I don't have a problem with profit ... or fun. It's the unnecessary breaking of people to get it that raises an eyebrow.

And neither has anything to do with imagined "greatness", or falling therefrom. If you want to get your panties in a wad about falling, you might try starting here.

Or, you know. Blame it instead on people supporting breast cancer research. Whatever works for you.

I don't have a problem with profit ... or fun. It's the unnecessary breaking of people to get it that raises an eyebrow..

Choice, it all comes down to choice. Some choose to play football and life contains a particle of risk.

And neither has anything to do with imagined "greatness", or falling therefrom. If you want to get your panties in a wad about falling, you might try starting here

Again, another play from the same old play book. Obama can't run on his record, he can't defend his failed policies. So let’s talk about Bain.

How many jobs has Obama lost? How much debt has he created? What happened to the Stimulas? Why is unemployment over 8%? Why was our credit downgraded? Why are 1 in 7 Americans on food stamps? How come Gitmo is still open? Why doesn’t Obama release his college transcripts?

Or, you know. Blame it instead on people supporting breast cancer research. Whatever works for you.

Politically correct B.S. and pink has no place on the field. Just like Prostate Cancer awareness has no place in the LPGA. Play the damned game and leave the touchy feely crap for the View.

Choice, it all comes down to choice. Some choose to play football and life contains a particle of risk.

People chose to use (and mine) asbestos, and use thalidomide too. Needlessly putting users and employees at serious risk is - understandably for most people - questionable behaviour.

So let’s talk about Bain.

Ok.

How many jobs has Obama lost? How much debt has he created? What happened to the Stimulas? Why is unemployment over 8%? Why was our credit downgraded? Why are 1 in 7 Americans on food stamps? How come Gitmo is still open? Why doesn’t Obama release his college transcripts?

Wait ... I thought you said we were going to talk about Bain?

Politically correct B.S. and pink has no place on the field. Just like Prostate Cancer awareness has no place in the LPGA. Play the damned game and leave the touchy feely crap for the View.

Heh. "Politically correct" is indeed the epithet of choice for the intellectually lazy. Gotta be another Poe.