Flames in the movies available.

I watch the movies pretty regularly, cause they're just too cool.

However, after the M7 Priest gets whacked by the Panther, the flames that spew out look..sorta...bad. Were they just "place-markers?" Doesn't matter much one way or the other--they could be purple and form snowflake designs, so long as it doesn't hurt the game itself.

DjB

------------------

A lot of my schoolmates called me "warmonger."

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Doug. Well, although they won't win any "Fluff Over Substance Awards" at this years games awards ceremony, they look better in person. There are two other threads going here about why they look the way they do Check the Wrecks thread for the long answer. The short is that we could make them look MUCH better, but frame rates would drop. If every gamer would promise to blow up only one or two things at once we could do some GREAT stuff. But we know that if such a promise was made fingers (and toes!) would be crossed smile.gif

We have to plan on LOTS of stuff being on the screen at once because, and that means compromising in places. Unlike games like Quake and Unreal we can not control how much stuff is on the screen at one time. This puts us at a disadvantage when it comes to making things look as pretty as possible.

Steve

See this is another example of where compromises MUST be made..

The best possible looking flames and 5 or 10 men on screen at any one time OR the ability to have up to a battalion's worth of military equipment on-screen and basic flames (although as with everything I think they look better in person than on some image-shrunk and compressed movie u know? )