How to use the 4gig patck TOW:Africa

Hi all,guys i seen on the steam forums here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29679582&postcount=2

that by using the 4gig patch helps the preformance of the game,can anyone help on where to direct the 4gig patch to as if i use it on the .exe steam tells me that there is an error has occured:confused:,also guys i was just wondering if a gamersgate version of TOW:caen would work with the steam version that i have,any info would be fantastic guys:)

Sorry all made a mistake on title i ment patch

It appears that this patch has to be applied to the TOW .bin file. The following is mentioned in the posting:

3. using the 4gb patch on the .bin to give it more RAM addressing. (It won't work on the game.exe as this files' byte value must be linked to the copy protection routine & the game won't launch with this header mod applied.)

As for the Gamersgate TOW 2: Caen module working on a Steam version of TOW 2 Kursk... I'm not sure. The game will have to run under Gamersgate's DRM and I don't know if it will properly recognize a Steam DRM game.

No, I assume there is no way to this specific hack working on a 32-bit system. There is the '3GB switch' (XP/Vista, Vista/7) that modifies how Windows allocates memory for applications, but I don't know if the program will actually utilize this extra 'address space' without any modifications to the .bin file itself.

The '3GB Switch' may result in lower system performance, so be prepared to remove whatever you implement, if you do run into such a situation.