Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

A1---AAR Decision making or Glitch ?

Single player --missions 4and 5 --playing at "Green" skill level---HALFWAY THROUGH EACH MISSION roughly---- the AAR decides the Brits (me) are DEFEATED !!! No reason i can see for this----my attack going smoothly --ex. 30 casualties-150 men still OK ----Enemy 19 casualties 63 men OK . Have Ammo, Armor,Arty ---already in or near 1 or more game objectives stated etc. ---NOTHING UNUSUAL with my forces ! WHY the DEFEAT decision ???

You'll have to tell us what scenario you're playing.

You might be able to work it out for yourself if you look at the details of the victory conditions. Mouse over the three categories and it'll tell you what the VP scores are for every element the designer set up. It may be that the enemy holds so many VL, and you've either taken more casualties than you're supposed to, or the enemy has inflicted enough on a high value destroy target of theirs that the VP ratio has become enough to trigger a defeat. It's a surprise that it can happen though.

'S worth noting that "near" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, and not for "Occupy" VL contention/possession, and that if the enemy are also still on the VL, it won't have gotten you any VP yet, just denied them any they might have gotten.

It sounds like you're playing a campaign since you're talking about missions 4 and 5. Given that assumption is correct, I would suspect that your problem is that you're taking too many casualties. 16% casualties half way through the scenario without having control of any objectives suggests that you'll be suffering worse than that by the end, and that level of death isn't really sustainable, at least in the campaigns I've played. Haven't played the CW ones, so my guess may be wide of the mark.

Single player --missions 4and 5 --playing at "Green" skill level---HALFWAY THROUGH EACH MISSION roughly---- the AAR decides the Brits (me) are DEFEATED !!! No reason i can see for this----my attack going smoothly --ex. 30 casualties-150 men still OK ----Enemy 19 casualties 63 men OK . Have Ammo, Armor,Arty ---already in or near 1 or more game objectives stated etc. ---NOTHING UNUSUAL with my forces ! WHY the DEFEAT decision ???

Most confusing post of the week, for sure.

I'll take a stab at this one. I suspect that he's laying 'The Scottish Corridor' becuase of the Green level comment. Depending on whether you're winning or losing missions, missions 4 and 5 will vary so I'll need a name for the final mission. What I suspect is that you've got to the campaign AAR after losing lots of missions. If you lose Green missions, you go through the campaign very quickly indeed.

I'll take a stab at this one. I suspect that he's laying 'The Scottish Corridor' becuase of the Green level comment. Depending on whether you're winning or losing missions, missions 4 and 5 will vary so I'll need a name for the final mission. What I suspect is that you've got to the campaign AAR after losing lots of missions. If you lose Green missions, you go through the campaign very quickly indeed.

YES-YES name of Mission "ten out of ten V2"

Okay then. You'll have to hang on a bit until I can get the files from my back-up computer. I had a hard drive crash on me shortly after the module release and the files are not yet on my main machine. I'm insanely busy just now and I've also got a head cold as well so it might take a day or two...

Okay then. You'll have to hang on a bit until I can get the files from my back-up computer. I had a hard drive crash on me shortly after the module release and the files are not yet on my main machine. I'm insanely busy just now and I've also got a head cold as well so it might take a day or two...

PT--GET WELL --TAKE CARE OF YOUR "BUSY" BUSINESS !!!!!!!!!!!

GUYS---FORGET MY SO CALLED PROBLEM----i goofed --misused SAVE and CEASE FIRE features to CONFUSE MYSELF --------------- SORRY YOU HAD TO WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO HELP ME OUT OF A NON-EXISTENT PROBLEM. this is a GREAT game and i already pre-ordered ITALY