"September Hope"

I pre-ordered it..and am glad I did. It is pretty good so far. It doesn't appear that McManus has broken any new ground, but I think he has mined much of the recent research to tell a more balanced story of the American airborne battles, which while not as dramatic as the stand of the 1st British Airborne, were still some of the hardest fighting of the war. The thing that really intrigues me about the book is McManus CONTINUES the story into the weeks after Market Garden to tell the story of the fighting along the Reichwald before the Ardennes Campaign begins...

Another new book, available on Kindle, is "Deliver Us From Darkness: The Untold Story of Third Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment During Market Garden," by Ian Gardner. Terrifically well written and loaded with first-person material, including more on the Dutch civilian and resistance perspective both before and after September. I've got it now and am enjoying it immensely.