Bad performance

Hey everybody.

I get HORRIBLE performance when I play the game. My current specs are:

cpu: Intel 3930k @4.5hz

gfx card: Nvidia gtx 680

ram: 16gb @1866

With all of the options turned off in the Nvidia control panel I get minimum 12 FPS while I've never seen more than 30 FPS. In game settings are set to "best". Of course, if I set settings to "fastest" - I get much more FPS, but the image quality is waaaay too low:( Tried setting core affinity to 1 core, 2 cores 6 cores - no difference.

Any suggestions?

Some large maps and scenarios are never going to get really great performance. Admittedly CMSF/CMBN isn't a highly optimized graphics engine compared to other games out there. But it is also a bit of a 'different beast' with the free camera and long horizons. Are you comparing a particular scenario/map when you take your measurements ? The number of buildings and vegetation, along with significant number of elevation changes can negatively affect framerate.

Within the Nvidia Control Panel you may want to check the 3D Management settings to see if 'Threaded Optimization' is set to 'OFF'. I'm not sure if the latest drivers list this particular feature or not. I'm not sure how negative an effect anisotropic filtering and antialiasing may have on the video card, but that is something to look into.

CMSF & CMBN do NOT support SLI/Crossfire. I don't know if it would make any sort of difference to disable SLI (if it is even possible) with the GTX 680. Typically the game shouldn't make any use of it (and there should be no profile that enables it for CMSF).