Cdn/Brit's vs Jerry

I have noticed that of all the battle reports that have been described, they have always been between US and German forces. Has anyone used Canadian or British units against German units? How have they fared? Are different tactics and/or strategies in order?

Just curious, Thanks, Carp

Guest Big Time Software

In the interests of the development cycle we took the two largest bits of work (Germans and US) and concentrated on getting their stuff in and working right. Now that we have done this to our satisfaction (and then some smile.gif), it is now "safe" to expand the stable. I know that some of our testers are building scenarios with Brits. I myself have only played a small test case with some infantry, mortars, Vickers and Churchills. They do feel different and I look forward to playing scenarios from others that are fleshed out with the whole works.

I will say that I really like the Cromwell. As soon as I get the Comet in I think that will most likely be my favorite Allied tank.

Steve

Yanks ?? Oh, you mean the guys who only joined half-way through ?

(Tongue in cheek, I'm just ragging our American forum members)

WW2 ran from 1936ish to 1945 as far as I'm concerned damnit wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Bryan Corkill

10 th grade history class, 2015.

Teacher: Who can tell me of Winston Churchill.

Student: Wasn't he some state governer in the 1940's?

Just you wait. Between the american education system and student apathy it won't be long before WWII is recognized as that war we fought w/ some provincial help. ;)

Bryan Corkill

The President Of The United States and His Son have a history chat:

Son: Dad

President: Yes, Son?

Son: Why does America always get involved with a war at the end..

President: Well Son, It's like this. These other countries need to look up to America, so what we do is we allow these other countries to start the war then realize they can't do it on their own and allow us to come into the war and snatch up all the glory of victory for this great country.

Son: Oh....Dad?

President: Yes,Son?

Son: What about the Korean War that was a stalemate wasn't it?

President:Only because the United Nations had to come in to stop Us, just as our glorious GIs were kicking those Commie noodle eaters back over the Chinese Boarder.

Son: Oh...But, Dad isnt the United Nations located in America and was it not formed by an American coalition because we didn't want to be part of the league of Nations..

President: Er, well yes Son, The UN was formed in the United States, but it got to full of foreigners and we lost control, the league of Nations wasn't formed by an American so why would we want to be part of that!?

Son:Oh. But, Dad what about Vietnam?

President: Well Son, you can't win them all now can you?

Son:No,I guess not. But Dad, what about the Civil War? That was Americans fighting Americans?

President: (Laughs and smiles at his Son ) Well Son we really couldn't lose there could we?

------------------

Sgt. Rock Says " War is Hell, but games are fun "

Oh, you meant "Jerry" in the sense of "Germans."

I thought this would be about one of those "what if" battles featuring the scrappy mouse from the old MGM cartoons, doing battle with the nasal-voiced teadrinkers and their hockey-lovin' Molsen-drinkin' sidekicks.

Rats.

DjB

[This message has been edited by Doug Beman (edited 10-22-99).]

I'm just waiting to see if BTS correctly models the halt to offensive operations correctly...

Soldier: We've broken through Monty! We can give chase all the way to Berlin!

Monty: Really??! Right-o!

Monty climbs into his jeep...

Tally-Ho!

A small alarm goes off...

Dash it all, tea time! COLUMN HALT!

wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Herr Oberst (edited 10-22-99).]