Crewmember killed

In the QT movie titled "Battle 1" the M7 Priest seems to take a direct hit and one of the crew members disappears, obviously killed or injured. When you look closely at the top of the picture (if this goes on like that I will have to ask a surgeon to remove my eyeballs from the computerscreen...), it seems that a short message appears for a couple of seconds. It's not possible to read it due to the high compression of the movie, but I'm just too curious... what does it say, "Crewmember killed" or something?

[This message has been edited by Moon (edited 05-20-99).]

I meant to ask about those before... From peering VERY closely at the movies (ok, yeah, I've watched them a lot...) I think it's a message about the change in camera angels. If I remember one of Steve's earlier posts, there are 7 or 8 preset heights. I think the camera switches between them at that moment and a message is shown to that effect... Though, it's pretty small and fuzzy, so I could be way off base smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Ben, you are SO close that you almost won the all expenses paid trip around the world first prize! Better luck next time on the crazy game show "Squint and Win" wink.gif

That text tells you about which camera TILT I was using. Not only does CM have 8 different camera positions (which don't display text), but it also has several tilt positions which change angle but not height. There is also 4 levels of zoom too. Oh so much fun can be had with these!

Moon, the crew member in the Priest's MG "turret" might have been simply ducking the abuse being tossed at the vehicle. Since the gunner is fairly exposed, he will "button up" if things get a little too crazy for him. BTW, Priests have a crew of 7!

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 05-20-99).]

With all of these camera angles I can see myself replaying an executed turn over and over again, each time from a different angle. Reminds me of that PlayStation TV ad where two guys are playing a car racing game against each other, and one of them makes a great pass. So, to his friends disgust, he replays that scene over and over again, each time mockingly commenting, "Let's see that again!"

Marko