Casualties and victory conditions

Sometimes you have a victory condition that gives you points for getting less than, for example, 25% casualties. But how does tanks, half-tracks, trucks, and so on count against it. If the entire crew survives is the vehicle counted as one casualty, like one man? Or a four crew tank taken out completely - 5 casualties?

Hi

The scenario designer can designate any enemy units as 'targets' and award the player as many points for this as he sees fit. Likewise, it works in reverse; the AI, or your opponent can get any amount of points as designated for eliminating certain of your units.

A well written briefing should also guide you as to what are exactly your objectives.

Good luck!

I don't think vehicle kills are counted at all in the percentage casualties. But catastrophically dead vehicles are often crematoria for their entire crew, so heavy vehicle losses can really ramp up your dead number. I find that armour-heavy forces suffer a much higher killed:wounded ratio (generally near 1:1) than forces with only a small armour presence (which are closer to 2:3).

And Chris, I think he's talking about the "Casualties" victory condition, rather than the "Destroy" VC.