Dumb answer, buti might as well try.

First, did you turn up your volume?

Second, on a brand new iPad, the small slider button on the right, which is just below your volume buttons, controls mute/unmute. If the button is down, it's muted, if it is up, the sound is on. You can change this from mute, to lock rotation in settings

Maybe.

What makes it worse is the support for this app sucks - I raised a support ticket and got the automated reply, but haven't heard anything else from them. The reply includes a link where you supposedly can see the status of your ticket. However you click on that and you get a login page with no way to create an account...

So it seems to me the whole idea of this app is a quicky way to make some extra cash out of the Combat Mission name but at the price you get what you pay for and it isn't being treated as a serious product.

DaKiwiMike, you can create an account on the right hand side of the page. You can also look up the Knowledgebase which explains how to log in to see your ticket(s). Reply notifications can be blocked by your anti-spam filters. Make sure to whitelist battlefront.com in your email program.

BTW, we've seen perhaps two or three cases with "no sound" so far, and all of them have been resolved by the user un-muting his iPad and adjusting the sound, then restarting the app. The mute and the sound adjustment buttons are different buttons on the iPad.

Yes but what isn't obvious is that even if your iPad isn't muted then muting and un-muting it solves this problem.

And also that muting using that button has no effect on some apps (i.e. YouTube), you get sound regardless, which is what had me fooled.

cheers

The helpdesk and the main site share logins. You can register an account here:

https://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_registration&task=register&Itemid=35

...unless you already have one (which you do if you purchased directly from us at some point since Oct 2007).

All of this is explained in detail in the Knowledgebase, by the way:

http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=156&nav=0