CC Stories

OK, so I know it's nothing close to CM and we spend most of our time making fun of it, but who's got some stories from Close Combat?

To start it off, here's mine. In CC2, I'm fighting at Groesbeek Heights as the Allies. I've got 1 standard Sherman, 1 Stuart, and a bazooka team; I'm up against 2 Panthers and 2 MkIVs. 5 minutes later, every one o' those panzers is brewed up, including one Panther with a 37mm Stuart shell in it's turret.

I know this thread will get shut down but...

I loved CC1 and when CC2 came out I really got in to it. I'm talking many hours a day/week devoted to playing and the online play kept it going for a long time.

Anyhow, generally my favorite battles were when I was either soundly thrashed or pulled of a win when written off as done for.

I can remember 3 times I stood in awe of the other persons ability as they whoopped my ass.

These lost battles are cherised for they held the keys to my future victories.

Those stuarts were fun though smile.gif

Charging through the hedges with 4 or 5 of them followed by a wave if infantry and piat teams was always good for some action.

for germans I loved the hetzer flampanzer. get one of those around a flank and just torch everything.

(funny the clamor for realism and the enjoyment of flash smile.gif)

I remember one of my best games ever being ruined by the horrible attitude from the other player. The game was long drawn out and bloody. He had the point advantage and it was an arena map (one VL, he who holds VL at end wins) with the VL in a dense patch of trees (Shijndel road, at the crossroads). I took my americans and charged taking the VL and held it bitterly. He had spent a huge chunk of his points on a Jagd which was ineffective but next to impossible to kill, we fought a long game and I eventually was able to drain off all his infantry support and take the Jagd with an ambush shot to the side/rear with a zook. Where I was thrilled he was pissed and steaming about how horribly he played and how much BS my winning was etc. This guy was #1 on cases ladder and had no class whatsoever. I was terribly disapointed.

Guest Big Time Software

Actually, I think I will keep it up. With all the trashing CC gets it will be good to see what people liked through their gameplay experiences. Personally, I really liked CC2 and played it a whole bunch. Never played it multiplayer, but I probably would have messed around with it longer.

I won't share any memories since all of mine (the specific ones) are of the negative ilk wink.gif

Steve

My personal tale of glory is from Close Combat 1. An enemy mortar unit lead by a guy named Thiess wounds me twice, kills my best BAR man, and knocks off a Medal of Honor winner over the course of several battles. Needless to say, I was not happy.

It became my personal mission to kill that mortar crew. I got the loader and the guy carrying the danged thing about ten times over, but never managed to nail Thiess himself.

Finally in St. Lo I spotted a golden opportunity. He was holed up in a building (dont know why, he was a mortarman, should of been outside) with about 4 or 5 other Germans. I take my best combat leader, 2LT Nash and have him lead an assault on the building. After 30 seconds of hand to hand combat 5 Germans lay dead or wounded and Thiess has slipped out the back door. He survived the street fighting and I never encountered him again.

That is probably the best wargaming experience I have ever had.

------------------

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he

demands in slaughter."

Sir Winston Churchill

One thing i enjoyed about cc2 on multi is that you had to be totally ruthless,and i had one such game with a player called hammer

where abit of overconfidence was my downfall.

Im sure you know who hammer is Lokesa quite a class player,well we played a ladder game on the polish lz map i was allies.As the game started it was abit quite for the first 10 minutes or so,i could not see much of his force but i knew he was doing some manuervering as such was i.Then as i spotted one of his infantry units i decided to open up with a rifle team,then in about 30secs there was an almighty firefight there was so much going on my mouse hand was shaking with exitement and nerves.within about 5minute there were several burning german tanks and a good part of his infantry had been decimated with very minimal loss to myself.He had taken such a pounding i was certain it was all over.So i launched a very brazen and bold attack to finish him off and as my shermans rolled forward out of the woods one got taken out by a shreck another by a damaged mk111 coupled with a mg and mortar decimating my advancing infantry before i knew it,I was a gonner.

Lesson learnt:always maintain composure even when victory is almost assured and never feel sorry for ones opponent as with cc2 anyway there is always hope of making a comeback

Titan

I've played CC2 more than any other game (CM seems will change that smile.gif ) Anyway, it was the campaign vs a human that I enjoyed...I played against a player named cryts (an excellent player and sportsman). We 'finished' a couple of campaigns...took us 5 or 6 weeks, playing 4 - 5 nights a week for at least 3 hrs...thing was, even tho cryts always kicked my rear, I looked forward to getting home and meeting up with him to continue our campaigns smile.gif

Yes I remember Hammer and no worries, he wasn't at all who I was referring to smile.gif

that polish map was fun, so many different strategies there. the other polish map, driel I think, was pretty cool too (the one with the 4 story bell tower in the church, top midlle left). And the fights on the last polish map would get real ugly up in the trees, top middle right. one of the best uses I found for the german infantry gun was on the last polish map in one of the stone buildings covering the trees but with no LOS to the open. Worked pretty good.

I could go on forever talking about different spots or particularities on the maps but.... I'm out smile.gif

My favorite from CC1 was using a Kubelwagon with the AA MG34 as mobile reserves. By the time the Yanks finally managed to drop a mortar on top of his vehicle, he had racked up 34 kills across several battles. It was always handled as a shoot and scoot operation. Often, he was just used to pin enemy troops for a minute or so while other assets were brought up to deal with the infantry. Many, many times, mortar file would drop on the location he had just evacuated. He did alot of Move Fast operations, including running from armor.

One of the computer techs on staff had a bit of computer gaming experience, but until last year had never played a wargame. I introduced him to CC2, and we'd stay back after work and play a few games.

I found out he not only had no wargaming experience, he knew next to nothing about tactics or anything military. So I'd stomp him flat; the first few games I'd be routing his entire force for no losses.

Then we'd have a "Lessons Learned" chat about the game and play again.

Funny thing about intelligent people. They tend to learn fast. Between his experience in our games, the debriefs and a bit of extra-curricular reading he started to get his act together. By game 5 or 6 he had learned about ambushes, fields of fire, flank attacks, and a whole bunch else. By game 7 or 8...

Suddenly I was the one getting stomped flat, like a pancake in uniform. I had never seen such rapid progress before. It was impressive, fun and humbling all at the same time. smile.gif

I played CC2 a whole bunch, too many ladder MP games to come close to remembering. But there was one map,(can't remember the name) but it was one with a river through the center and 1 bridge. It was set up with deployment on both sides of the river for both sides. I remember playing Popfreak11 for the first time on this map. It was like a120, g110 with a couple vls. He chose 6 stuarts and a few reserve squads and tried to rush from the upper left hand corner with all 6 stuarts. He ran right into my flamenhetzer on the other side of the hedgerow. The first blast of flame took out 3 of his stuarts. Then 2 more blasts and all 6 were toast. The game was over in about 1 minute. I didn't even use the tiger that was waitng for him. It was amazing to see him complain all over the place. But he was cool it must of hurt real bad to loose that quickly. The funny part is I played him again about 2 weeks later and he chose the same map and I chose the germans again. He played it exactly the same way again and lost in exactly the same amount of time. Man was he upset, I guess a short memory of losses and lessons learnt doesn't come in handy. I just had to laugh, he must have used that tactic everytime he played that map. I wonder how it worked on other people.

dano6

This is a real funny story written by some(to me) unknown CC2 players

It's long but real worth the time reading

especially if you have played CC2

ATTACK OF SON BRIDGE

The Allied force was composed of Americans and British Airborne and Army units. It was a formidable force, but this force

was posed with a question. Was it able the capture the town before them? The town and the fields surrounding it would be a

suitable area a heavy artillery firebase. The force surrounded the town in an L-shape. Three large barns were currently holding

forces in the north and a storage garage in the north east. For the sake of the assault on the town many infantry teams were

hiding in the hedgerow on the east of the town and behind the tree line skirting west to east. Even now they may have enemy

weapons aimed at them, waiting for a a signal from their commander. The Town was made primarily of third and second story

buildings. Most of them were stone and big enough to hold swarms of german shutzen. The buildings had beautiful line of sight

of the fields. Any possible enemy machine gun crews and snipers would be enjoying terrific fields of fire. The Allies had very

little intelligence on how big the german occupying force was. They did know that it was smaller than them. The optimistic

commander believed that german morale was low. He also hoped they had bugged out of the town when they heard the rackit

of allied support vehicles positioning for the upcoming assault during the night.Yes, he definitely was optimistic. Alpha recon

group would be first team in. They with other teams were occupying the first building on the outskirts of the town. The first

apparently logical building to occupy would be the one across the road and about 30 meters from where they now lay. It was a

non descript stone three story building with lots of windows. Alpha American recon leader (White)gave the signal with his

flashlight to his forces to the north of the town. In a few seconds the rumbling sound of an engine came to life. The members of

the team looked at each other and whispered encouraging words. Alpha recon group got ready to spurt from their hiding place.

In a few seconds directed fire from a Cromwell Tank to the north would begin hammering the stone building. White beckoned

and his two men followed. They began to crawl toward the large tree next to their objective. They had made it half way, their

suppression fire from the Cromwell had not yet started. White jumped to his feet and spurted and made it to the tree about 5

meters from the building. He looked back to see his two recon men crawling in the middle of the street A wooden shutter on

the 3rd story of the building slammed open, and the muzzle of death itself poked out into the morning air. White looked up and

saw it purposely direct its aim at his two men. His men gave him a look that he had seen before, it read " Lead me, lead me, tell

me what to do". But it was too late....

The german leader of the Maschinengewehr-Trupp, Unteroffizier Utz, a veteran of some of the fiercest fighting Eastern Front

Food Malls had ever seen, had carefully selected his position in the solid stone house. He had carefully camoflaged the MG-42

position in the house's kitchen by draping a tablecloth ornamented with many colorful flowers over the weapon and his men.

Also, the shutter was closed, leaving only a small slit open through which he carefully studied the terrain outside. He knew the

americans were out there. Just an hour before his superior, the haggard Leutnant Janker, came by his position to inform him of

the impending immediate allied assault on the town. "Wir wollen das mal ganz nach Dienstvorschrift machen" ("We are gonna

do this by the rulebook"), he had said, "stellen Sie sicher, daß derjenige soldat mit der wenigsten erfahrung und am meisten

Schiß das MG bedient" ("make sure your most inexperienced and least morally strong soldier is manning the machine gun.") Utz

then had carefully selected to give control of the weapon to Schütze Adelhof, a very young and somewhat timid conscript that

had just recently arrived in the company as a replacement. Schwartzkoph, the experienced Gefreiter with the suspiciously

ill-spelled surname (Utz had secretly suspected him of being a yankee spy until schwartzkoph had explained to him that he was

the son of immigrants that had immigrated back to Germany after a short 150-year stint in the USA), was to be loader and

keep the Panzerfaust in case tanks showed up in their sector of responsibility. Utz cocked his MP40. There! Wasn't that

movement he saw down there in the bushes? and what was that big yellow button doing down there behind the tree? the thing

had just appeared there - it could only mean one thing : somebody had given a "sneak" command. Utz now only had to wait for

the troops to move the big yellow object, probably a small recon squad from one of the near small wooden buildings. The

buildings offered no good protection, so they had not been manned. Probably some americans had infiltrated into it during the

night, to use them as a forward jump-off point for their assault. And there they were...it looked like two or three of them...they

crawled from behind the bushes...one jumped up just shortly after a large blueish/purple button appeared right over Utz's

position. Utz knew what it meant. He immediately shouted to Schwartzkoph to open the shutter (he was still wondering why

this dutch house had shutters...life's weird, and then you die, he though once again...) "Schnell, Schwartzkoff, mach die

Fensterläden auf!" ("Quick, Schwartzkoph, open the windowshutters"). The shutter flew open, and they could see the enemy

soldier staring at the muzzle of the MG42 in sheer terror... Just when Adelhof was about to cut loose, a large explosion rocked

the wall and machine gun fire raked the window area. "Scheiße" shouted Utz, "Gottogottogott" shouted Schwartzkoph and

ducked under the wall. Adelhof did not shout. Instead, his nametag went from green to read and he clung to the MG in sheer

panic from the blast of the exploding round... the enemy recon squad had red nametags, too, from the MP-40 burst Utz had

been able to squeez off roughly in their direction at the very moment the explosion occurred. They seemed unsure what to do,

the leader had taken up a prone position on the street in front of the house that was now under a continous impact of machine

gun fire from an enemy tank that had appeared out of nowhere (Utz had always complained about the enemy's use of noiseless

tanks). "Schiess doch verdammt noch mal, schiess doch endlich!!!" ("now shoot goddammit, shooot!!!") Utz shouted to

Adelhof. Adelhof had terror written in his face. Schwartzkoph was preparing to throw a grenade out of the window, while Utz

tried to wrestle the control over the MG42 from the panicked Adelhof (although he knew it was useless, because the rulebook

stated that the morally most unstable soldier, who is to have the gun, will stick to it come what may)...

Suddenly, a distinct "iiiiii-BOOOM" could be heard. Just before that, Schwartzkoph screamed out his agony, since the burst of

the mortar grenade seemed to arrive before the sound of it. "Adelhoch, where's Adelhoch with the MG?" Utz thought and

looked behind him. He couldn't see him anywhere. A burst from a Thompson made him throw himself on his belly. It was such

a relief when he saw Obergefreiter Fornander and his Reserve-squad throw their handgrenades from a nearby storing house,

against the recce-team shooting at him. The grenades exploded, and he could hear that at least one of the enemies got it. The

cracking of small-arms fire cracked all the time from the other side of the clearing, and suddenly he heard Adelhoch screaming:

"Das blot!" Probably he had seen the dead recce-soldier, since that was the only blood in his vincinity. Schwarzkopf was lying

badly hurt in the building behind them, so he couldn't be the one Adelhoch ment. Meanwhile, Fornander and his men fired their

MP-40 and Mausers as fast as they could reload at the enemy Recce soldier. Amazingly, the sole still alive member, Bond,

managed to return to the wooden house in the middle. With Maddog and White, it was worse; they were not alive any longer,

and now they would be shipped home again. Shiiit, Bond thought, I have to handle this myself! He suddenly felt the winds of

Gods, calling his attention; "Throw smoke you bastard!" the God spoke. No way, I ain't gonna throw no smoke, then he'll want

me to advance again. Instead, he showed his willingness to participate in the war, by start cowering. And suddenly he heard the

God speak again, now in a quite angry voice; "Smoke or no smoke, you're advancing fast to that building!!!" He saw the purple

blob appear above the house with the MG in it. No way, he said, throwing his hands over his head. Suddenly there were some

commotion in the back of the building. He was glad to see Sergeant Rantapaa (a middle-age Finn who had emigrated to USA

in 1935) with his BAR-team taking up positions. They got a clear view of the store building with the Reserve in it and started to

fire all they got. That is, all of them but one - Jones didn't fire, he started to unjam his BAR. As usual, his weapon jammed

before getting away a single shot.

Fornander thought things couldn't get much worse when slowly appearing out of the the hedgerow came the snout of what most

certainly was the biggest AT gun he had ever seen. At first he thought it was being pushed into position from a previously

concealed spot, then he realized that that couldn't be the case as no guns can be moved realtime and that it must have been

there all the time. The guns heavily camouflaged position and the immediate danger he felt he was in were quickly overlooked

when one of his men passed him the weapon he knew the allied gunners feared most - the top secret laser designator that

German scientists had perfected shortly before this engagement. He took careful aim and pulled the trigger. As he did he heard

the familiar PLOP of a mortar round being fired from positions further back. He didn't have to look to see if it had hit - he knew

they always did when they were aimed at AT pieces. He then shifted his designator to the BAR team at his door. The familiar

PLOP and BANG noises starting happening but nowhere near the enemy. As the building was torn to pieces by Allied bullets

his last thoughts were why his mortar teams seemed to not be able to hit anything but AT guns...

"...Ick soch dia, det wan zwee!" , "Ah woas, red´ doa kan Schmoan. Woa hastn denn den EE-Koa zwo, du Kriecksheld,

hä?...Ssaupreiss! Those two Panzerfahrer along with other were lying on their Tiger the Panther and the Flame Hetzer, enjoyed

the non existent sun, smoking captured but non existent Luckies, while discussing who got more shermans killed last time. Their

fellows gave more attention to the birds, flies and cows, discticntly to be heard but hardly to be seen, than to the fighting roaring

in SO of them. Then Gruppenführer Blumentritt appeared:" Äch haabe gesaagt: AUFSITZEN!! MARSCH, MAARSCH!!"

Cigarettes were flying to the ground when the crewmen hurried to get entombed in their so beloved Kruppstahl beasts. "Jawoll,

Hea Gruppnfüra!". Blumenrtitt in his black tankers uniform along with his knight´s cross around his neck, his wounded badge,

his Nahkampfspange and all the necessary "Lametta" (X-Mas tree deco)to prove him a diehard and war hero jumped into the

Tiger´s cuppola and checked his earphones, did this despite his artifical right hand and the shrapnell fragment in his right leg,

which hit him ´42 near Tobruk before he joined the SS. "Scheiß rechte Seite!" "Wiär nähmen sie in derr Flanke, meine Herrn!

Anfahn! Richtung Ost, entlang der Straße! Linie bilden! Hetzer links! Marsch, Maarsch!! The tanks made a fat roaring sound

(at least in the German player imagination -sigh-) and burned gallons of fuel through the pipes just to turn the engines on. It

reminded one as if beasts of prey were getting off to get something to eat. And indeed those big bad cats left the freshly mown

field, rolled the hedges to shrubs to head east towards the WO farm track towards the NO corner in the map, poised to get

those anglo americans in the flank. The Gruppenführer, stood proud in the open cuppola and whispered the tankers song: "Ob

stürmt oder schneit/ Oder die Sonne uns lacht/ Wir fahren unsern Pahanzer...!" They passed the barns on their left, in which

Sturmgrenadiere were lurking for foolish Amis and giving sign that no enemy was in sight. But then... the Hetzer get in touch

with one of the wooden buildings, stopped suddenly, turned around, hit the tracks of the Tiger, stopped again! The Panther just

stopped in front of a tree unable to overcame such a blocking element. "Ne, ne, ne da komm wa net rum!" Driver Mogica was

complaining to his commander. "Red nie, foa zua! Links nüba!" They turned left just to block the Tiger´s way.

"HRRGTTNCHML!!" Blumentritt was furious, slammed on the Kruppstahl with his artificial hand, biting in his microphone, As

the German player in front of his monitor did with his mouse.

..."Ei forbibscht nüchemoo!" complained Mogica about the strange obstacle. "Härr schmeiss Hirrn vom Himmäl!" ("Lord throw

down brains upon us") said Blumentritt and rolled with his eyes about his driver's display of driving skill, or rather the lack of it.

He had carefully selected his commander's tank’s crew from his elite SS-tank crews, and although Mogica was shown to have

5 bars of experience, which meant that he was supposedly an expert in driving this tank, he was continually puzzled about the

strange driving adventures he had to endure with him. "Soldatt Mogica, Sie haben den Führrerrschein wohl in der

Rreichslotterrie gäwonnen!" ("soldier Mogica, seems you have won your driver's licence in the state lottery!"). "Geh zu,

Mogica, jetz mach neda lang rum, foa zua, sonst is d'Schlacht vorbei bevor mir hinkumma" ("come on, Mogica, drive on,

otherwise the battle is over before we get there") nudged the Bavarian gunner, Gefreiter Lehenbauer, to his comrade from

Prussia. "Nü wodded mo, gleisch hömmas" promised Mogica and eventually got the Panther on the move again. "Auf därr

Strrasse lank, nicht im Zick-zack! Herrgott, haben sie gäsoffen, verdammt noch mal!" Blumentritt shouted to Mogica who was

driving in a zig-zag and kept stopping all the time instead of smoothly following along the street to the purple dot 50 meters

away. Besides the purple dot, in a three-storey stone house, the terror of allied infantry, a German sniper, Obergefreiter

Mosslang, lay hidden. When he saw the tank approach - by accident, because they were floating around as noiselessly as did

the American steel behemoths, he was in fear, and rightfully so - he knew what was to come next. Lehenbauer knew what was

to come, too, as soon as he saw the purple dot only 15meters away from the building. Desperately he tried to avert the

unavoidable: "Mogica, hör zua, moch kan Scheiss, host mi? Hey, Mogica, host mi verstondn?"("Mogica, no funny stuff, got

me? hey, Mogica, did you understand me?") He looked in fear to Blumentritt, who, as usual, had taken place with Lehenbauer

on the gunner's seat so he could wrestle the controls from the latter whenever Blumentritt felt like firing the coax. Lehenbauer

had long since stopped wondering about this, but he still felt that the Fla-MG42 on the mount outside the turret was useless -

nobody ever used it. Blumentritt had heard Lehenbauer's plea to Mogica, saw the apprehensive look on Lehenbauer's face and

quickly caught on: "Mogica, hörän Sie mich?..tune sie äs nicht, Mogica, verstanden?..Mogica! Mogica?" ("Mogica, hear me?

Don't do it..."). But it was too late. Mogica, like all German tank drivers, and, in fact, like *all* tank drivers in this weird

squared flat world, had an inexplicable, incurable and unpreventable inner urge that awoke whenever he came close by a

building. When he had seen the purple dot placed closer than 50meters to the nearest building - which was the only known way

to avoid this problem - the jellyfish in his head took over - he didn't even hear the other's anymore, not even the supreme

commander, who after Blumentritt had also realized what was going to happen, and let a giant "Oh nein!" echo all over the

battlefield from his blimp that was hovering 150m over the battle. It didn't help anymore that in a frantic attempt the purple dot

beside the building disappeared and a series of yellow, blue and purple dots appeared and disappeared in quick succession in

many places but mostly to the rear of the tank's current heading. Everybody - everybody except the allied troops who, although

sympathetic, couldn't resist to grin - watched in disgust as the mighty Panther tried hard enter the three-story building, a rather

too regular occurence known as the tank-making-love-to-building - syndrome. Once the jellyfish (sometimes it was a squid) in

a driver's skull took over, there was no way to influence what was to come. Sometimes the driver eventually lost interest of the

building and, once he was back away from it, suddenly regained consciousness, other times the tank would find itself placed

squarely on the ill-fated building after a while. Scharfschütze Mosslang had crawled out of the building the instance he saw the

Panther approach, because he knew that he mustn't get in contact with the tank. It wasn't that the tank harmed him in any

physical way but it was the fact that once he had contact he seemingly couldn't get away from the vehicles sticky surface. So

Mosslang exited the house and sneaked along in the grass, or whatever it was that he sneaked in - it was a fairly surreal

simulation of grass, like from a mad artist, consisting of 10mm thick steel blades that were painted with green. Mosslang cursed

as he had to scratch along on the "grass". "Ka wunner, dass kenner, neddama die banzer, do schburn hinnerlossn" ("no wonder

nobody, not even the tanks, leave any marks on this"), he wondered. He sneaked on, and suddenly several brown-green

helmets came into view just meters from him....

The brown-green helmets bobbed up and down, when the American AB Ad-Hoc team, led by Corporal Sculley sneaked

through the steel-grass. They also cursed their bad luck in having to crawl through the sharp, pointy grass. Mosslang didn’t

want his friendly tanks to open fire, since he was in their line of fire, but since he had spotted the enemy, they started to turn

themselves against their prey. That is, exept the Panther, who still made love to the house. Mosslang’s tag turned red, but

suddenly a purple blimp appeared above the enemy squad. “Oh, scheisse!” he thought and grinned badly. But since this was his

only chance, he rushed forward. A red blimp suddenly lit up on Corporal Sculley’s head – the Tiger was ordered to fire! “Das

sind unsere Jungen!” (Those are our guys!) Blumentritt yelled, obviously not noticing that Mosslang was alone. The red blimp

vanished, but now Mosslang was among the enemies. Sculley threw a handgrenade at point-blank at the sniper. Mosslang,

realizing the danger, quickly drew his bayonet through Sculley, thereby miracously disarming the grenade. The last word Sculley

screamed, was “Sniper”, quite an unneccesary scream, since everybody by now knew what the enemy was. The other three

Ad-Hoc soldiers moved in, one at a time in a row, starting their futile hand-to-hand combat. Then suddenly, Soldat Kant,

manning the flame thrower in the FlammHetzer (one of 20 ever built), got to the conclusion that he had a clear shot. Two of the

Ad-Hoc soldiers really got it too hot, but Mosslang who actually was in the line of fire, got fried too. Aaargh! He screamed,

when the burning gasoline consumed his body. “Ooops, did I err?”, Soldat Kant whispered to himself, while the Supreme

Commander, hovering 150 meters above, banged his head to the keyboard, while mumbling frustrated words in no particular

order. Blumentritt laughed as a crazy man, when he ordered his Tiger fast forward. What he didn’t notice was that a Sherman

76 had popped up from nowhere in the bushes. It fired its cannon against the Tiger. Amazingly, the Tiger kept advancing, but

now with blood stenched everywhere in the tank. The only ones still alive were the gunner, Soldat Klotze and Blumentritt. Their

tags got as red as the interior of the tank, but Klotze showed some self-conciousness, when carefully taking aim at the

Sherman. The projecile made the British Tin-Can to explode in a formidable manner. Even though the projectile must have

passed right through the tank, destroying everything inside it, four soldiers jumped out of the tank. The FlammHetzer’s machine

gun opened fire, but the panicked Britts should probably have passed Carl Lewis by 50 meters, on a 100 meters run.

Blumentritt noticed a new red blimp above his tank. He scanned the surroundings, but could not find any enemy. Suddenly he

heard a British voice screaming “No ammo!”. The Anglo-American player must have ordered the tank-crew, now running

away, to fire against him. He shook his head, and started to drive backwards. He suddenly saw the sole remaining AdHoc

soldier lying in the grass beside him. Almost immediately, a red blimp was tossed over the poor sod. The only one manning a

weapon was the gunner, clinging to his 88. But the gunner had distinct orders not to fire the big gun against teams containing

only one member. He just sat there, pointing the large gun at the terrified American. Now, the Panther had satisfied itself,

kissing the house, and started to move forward…

LOL.. Well I think that says it all for "unparalleled realism" doesn't it ? *chuckle*

Great story. Sad thing is I've had all those things happen to me and its not funny at the time wink.gif. I particularly liked the cancelling of grenades and tank/house secret love tryst.. God that brings back nightmares wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

I got another story for you guys.

While playing CC3 online a guy with the name Pyro-GI asks to play me. The linkup goes smoothly and we both get into the game.

While in the game I noticed that EVERY one of his units spit flame. Needless to say I had about 2/5 of my force left after 3 minutes (i know its dumb, but i usually dont keep a reserve).

I thought all was lost... BUT I had an 88 positioned up on a hill. Foolishly enough, he attacked it, losing all his tanks to the might of German machinery.

Then the impossible happened. My gun crew SURRENDERED! I was pissed, he was laughing. Probably the most screwed up check for morale I have ever seen.

------------------

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter."

Sir Winston Churchill