Still my favourite game for a quick battle

Seems like a reasonable thing to able to do, doesn't it? But I don't think you can in CMBO, CMBB or CMAK, because you have to select all the game parameters (including which side to play), before the QB is generated. Maybe if you know the code of the QB saved game file you could manipulate it....

An alternative way would be to use the Game Editor to create your own scenarios, which can then be played either side. Note that you can't simply load a QB saved game into the editor (I've tried) - you'd have to create a scenario from scratch. However, you can, in the editor, do things like generate a random map, like a QB would, so it's not too awkward....

Thanks for your reply Streety.

You've reminded me that Sid Meier's Gettysburg had that feature - create a random game and it has a code so you can recreate exactly the same game.

Sometimes I think game designers are a bit dictatorial in the way they treat their customers in telling them how they should play the game and what options are allowed or not. I like having unit bases on so I can see where my guys are, others don't. CMBO gives you the option (Shift B) but the newer CMBN removed the option. How is that an improvement.

You're welcome Altipueri,

Though I doubt the makers were being dictatorial, they either just didn't think of it or more likely it was too much hassle. But even as it stands, its not too much hassle for players to still do something similar themselves using the game editor. In addition to a better campaign mode (something I understand CMBN has addressed) I've always wished CMBO/BB/AK would allow any nation to fight any other axis or allied nation (or even itself) which would open up many modding possibilities and "what-if" scenarios. Shame about the lack of CMBN bases - I too really like them in the earlier CM games and hate those unit indicators floating in the sky on newer CM games. Adios amigo.