Combat Mission Names Lists are up !

Kudo's to BTS for allowing our idea's to influence your design.

Kudo's to Fionn for getting our names in.

And Kudo's to Chris for getting names period.

what a team smile.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor mishaps.. LOL... You try getting any bunch of grognards (like are gathered here) to ok over 600 names wink.gif.. It was bound to happen wink.gif

As for Scottish names etc etc.. As I have stated MANY times before, I put in names that people send me. If you send me 20 scottish names of relatives (last name only) I will add them to the UK forces.

AGAIN I state this is NOT intended to be a full and accurate cross-section of all names. This is a chance to allow people who are going to play the game to put their name into it. If no Scottish people email me asking for their name in then those names don't appear. And FWIW just because its not "MacTartan" doesn't mean its not Scottish, there's a few such names in there.

Now onto Aacooper's post, the name given to a squad doesn't change during the game. E.g Squad Schumacher will ALWAYS be squad schumacher even if 9 of its ten men are dead or incapacitated.

Why is this so? Well, simply put it would be hugely confusing if every time you took a casualty the names of your squads changed.. The human memory wouldn't be able to cope and so the given name of a squad remains throughout the game.

names of privates etc aren't noted. Only the name of the squad, platoon, company, battalion, team, vehicle and crew leaders are noted.

And now to bed.. 5:12am (OUch !)

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers