Need help finding some German Division Emblems

Mord

HELL YEAH!!! Thanks my man!

Please tell Kuestenjaeger, that I said thank you VERY much, and he and you helped finish over a months worth of work and research.

I'll add the 18th Luft later on, if or once it's found.

Mord.

P.S. Tell him I don't like to bend my books either! I used Google translate to read the thread.

I joined that forum to see if I could find one I forgot to mention but am having a hard time navigating the site. I forgot the 406th Landesschützen Division. So once again if anybody has a pic let me know. I haven't been able to find any thing on them but writing.

Mord.

Now, I've got two missing 'cause I had a screw up..man, this is a headache. I am still missing the 18th Luft of course but also the 406th Landesschützen Division and 348th Infanterie Division. I actually had a very poor symbol for the 182nd but had it named 348th for some reason. So I am glad I was able to get a better version of the 182nd.

Mord.

With greetings from Kuestenjaeger:

http://www.imgimg.de/bild_34842023c8fInf42023c8f42023c8fJPG.jpg.html

http://www.imgimg.de/bild_FarbenlehrezudenTKZaa322fe6JPG.jpg.html

There is no embleme for the 406. "Landesschützendivision". A more fitting name is: Division z.b.V. 406 (z.b.V. = zur besonderen Verwendung)

I guess you know the account of Kershaw, It never snows in September:

"Generalleutnant Scherbening,commanding 406 Division, which at that time consisted only of his headquarters and the cadres of a number of training units,telephoned his adjutant Major Rasch at 2100hours on 17 September, seven hours afterthe landings. [...]

A number of 'alarm' units of Wehrkreis VI headquarters were immediately made available to it. Manpower came from the 'Juelich' Wehrkreis NCO school, numerous replacement and training battalions, 'stomach and ear' battalions, and afew Luftwaffe battalions formed fromrecently-closed air force NCO schools. There were virtually no heavy infantry support weapons or artillery. None of the troops were infantry trained, vehicles were scarce, field kitchens non-existent, and there was no signals communication equipments, not even for the artillery."

(source: http://pt.scribd.com/doc/88270237/6/CHAPTER-X)

@ Skogtroll. Thanks, that CD sounds very cool! When I started this mod a year ago I could never imagine there were sources that would have all those division emblems/symbols. I am really excited.

@Mehlsack...again, thank you and thank Kuestenjaeger for his scans...It bothered me all year that I could not mod the German portraits with the same depth I'd done the US...and then it was bugging me that I was missing some divisions. So, thanks for all your help in getting me these last hand full of symbols. I am very happy with the way the Heer turned out.

Mord.