Best Views for new player?

I had a little trouble also geting used to the controls - so far ive found i use the angled views extendively - i use the buttons for quick movements and i can fine tune with the directional keys on the kbd- If I missing somethign vets help me out. Keep at it bud when u get hte controls down the gmae is nothing less than awseome

SS_panzerLeader............out

i too took sometime to get the controls down.. i find that the #4 view is good to get an over all look at the map and 5 to get an exact place to move or target a unit.. hope this helps ..if anyone has a better way please post it so all will benefit..

and remember ... duck and run

Guest Captain Foobar

I usually make decisions in lvl 3 or 4, but if you are trying to get a general feel for the units on both side, goto max top view (8?), and enlarge all units by presssing shift-c a couple times. This will give you a "RISK" kind of image of what you need to do out there, and what the enemy can do to you!

Dont forget to readjust unit size when you're done, or it looks kinda corny. smile.gif

Guest John Maragoudakis

View 4,(3&2 are similar but more focused), gives you a nice view of the battlefield. If you select a vehicle and press tab, the view will point in the direction that the vehicles turret points in.

View 5 is good to give exact movement orders.

View 6 is like view 5 but you can give movement orders easier for farther distances.

(looking forward to a simple button setup on the side to reduce the scrolling back and forth when givinig orders).

View 7 & 8 gives you the grand picture.

The grand picture will fall apart unless you use view 1. View 1 gives you the ground level view. From here you analyze the terrain. From here, you walk through where your units will pass. From here, you spot hull down positions. If you want your tanks to have the proper orientaion when enemy tanks arrive or if you want that TC to remain unbuttonned , view 1 helps you place the AFV in just the right spot to make sure you control what info is visible to the AFV and the fire the AFV receives.