Z folder file structure problems

As far as I can tell you can place mods in the Z-folder either in folders or directly under Z and the only thing that matters is the name of the folder for loading purposes, but that the game will only load one version of each file, modded or not.

Problem is that it seems that sometimes with mods in a folder, like "Aris_Stug IIIG_Late Mod" folder, doesn't load properly as compared to having the bmp-files that make up the mod without a folder directly under Z.

Anyone else had this problem? Solutions?

Not sure what you mean.

For ease of organization I have started sub Z folders eg: ZZ UNIFORMS; ZZ ICONS; etc. that way I can see and compare similar mods with less confusion.

For an individual mod like one of Aris', assuming you have named/renamed the alternative graphics properly, they should all work within the same mod file. Note that a couple require special naming since it seems BF made an error in naming.

The main time-waster is the .brz files... having to explode em before you can see what is in there to compare etc.