New file at the Repository: CW SS Icons 1.2 (2012-03-12)

Unleash the Michael Wittman in you! This mod changes the stock floating icons of the Heer into the black and white color scheme of the Schutzstaffel. Extract and drop the brz file into your Z folder. If desired remove it when playing the regular German army. In fact, to be safe remove it from the Data folder as well since I've noticed that some graphics moods can bleed from there into the Z folder.By design obstacles, mines, trps, etc, have been left in stock colors.Updated to include custom contact markers and other fixes. Enjoy and please refrain from atrocities.

More...

I now have one version with 65 icons and another with 66 icons.

The 65 icon version has a ? icon, and the 66 icon version doesn't.

It's really confusing when different versions are posts so quickly. Would appreciate guidance as what are in the two versions and do we have to choose one, or...?

This is the custom SS ? icon you should be getting. If you're not the an older file was uploaded in error. Since I don't really use the SS icons I'm not likely to notice anything amiss, unlike the khaki ones.

81427693.jpg

I did notice there was a small error with the foxhole icon. The orange blinking one you get when selecting somehow got deleted. You get another color instead. Not sure this important enough enough to bother the Repository with right now.

Yes, the latest 1.2 version does have the gray "?" symbol. The older version does not. However, the older version has 66 icons while the newer 1.2 version has only 65. So, you removed two of the sniper icons and changed the color of the defensive fortification. Am merely curious why.

(I simply copied over the gray "?" symbol as well as the new color fortification symbol (renamed) to the older version so it now has 68 icons - was there anything else that changed so that I should use v1.2?)

I'll upload 1.3 this weekend. I want to wait and see if anymore problems arise. Unlike the green to khaki icons, manipulating the grey background of the stock Heer icons is a pain in the *ss. To get a perfectly clean look you probably have to octuple (sp?), not double as I did, the file size of each unit in Photoshop. Then transform and reduce one by one, a not insignificant job. The khaki icons came out more successfully, nicely defined, imo, although the SS has proven more popular. No surprise there. ;)

I suspect that Battlefront will eventually rationalize the folder structure and come out with their own varied versions. As in Shock Force.