Hidden Artillery Spotters

Guest Scott Clinton

Guest Scott Clinton

I don't know if it has been noticed/addressed before, but I noticed last night that the artillery spotters are unable to "TARGET" while they "HIDE".

This is the only unit I can think of that really must be able to "TARGET" while they are hidden regardless of their chance to hit, IMO.

------------------

The Grumbling Grognard

Donan, there's a thread here discussing that and it will be changed.

Darstand, I think your guys must be being fired on if they are hiding themselves since that's impossible unless they're fired on.

Scott, I hear you.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

I always have my spotters target while they are hiding. It's jsut that they already have to be hiding before issuing the targeting order. Once they are targeting, they can't be set to hide. Don't know why.

Waht I do find irritating is that the time to artillery arrival is wrong. I find that it takes twice as long as the estimated time of arrival for artillery to actually arrive. This isn't just guessing either. When there was under a minute left, I carefully watched the clock and the time to arrival on the FO.

Jason

Jason, call it 'friction' and move on. These things are hard to know exactly until you hear the rounds whistling overhead.

There are several threads about artillery from, ahh, a week ago(?)

JonS

------------------

Quo Fas et Vino du Femme

I hadn't noticed this until just now in the game I'm playing. Is it supposed to be like this? I had a fire mission coming in, and at the beginning of the turn it said that there was 45 seconds until the rounds started falling. At the end of the turn, there was 15 seconds. So only 30 seconds of 'arty time' ticked off for 1 minute of 'game time' Is this supposed to represent not knowing exactly when the rounds are going to fall? If so, I figure it should be a bit more random (and not twice as long...)

Ben, it IS quite random.. What you saw was a random occurence where it was a 2:1 correlation.

Basically when you call arty and it shows 3 minutes it means, it won't arrive any SOONER than 3 minutes. So I plan my assault to begin in 4 minutes to give at least 1 minute of arty prep.

If the arty is late then I simply allow my men to rest and crawl forward a bit more before beginning the charge.

You can make all this work for you if you co-ordinate

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers