Making our own scenarios - to what extent?

I know you've probably covered this, but . . .can you:

- change camo schemes on vehicles?

- change uniforms for soldiers (ie: winter camo)?

- make the green grass sand colored for some desert battle?

- place both manmade and nature-made objects anywhere, change

the lay of the land topographically and generally create a new world

for a new mission?

I guess the question is, how powerful is the mission editor?

- Steve (buddy to yous guys)

I can answer these

1. Camo schemes can be changed yes. You need an art program and a little time

2. Yes, can be done.. Again you need an art program

3. Sure, u can change the grass colour BUT it will still have the same LOS and cover values as grass. So I don't think ur gonna be making proper desert scenarios ;).

4. The editor is very full-featured. I recently made a map in which a main road ran under a high bridge (just like in arnhem).

I won't give away specifics of the editor but it has a lot more variety than the editor in any Steel Panthers game or any other tactical wargame I've seen..

Some recent changes increase the ability to design very, very realistic maps with excellent LOS and no quirks. Can't give details unfortunately wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Big Time Software

Yeah, I think people should just forget about making sceanrios that are outside of CM's area of coverage. We do not included 1941/42/43 TO&E data and there were few vehicles present in 1944 that were exactly the same as those years. So making a desert scenario would not only play like a battle in NW Europe with yellow ground, but also things would look pretty strange without the standard tanks of the day wink.gif

Steve