2" Mortar Bug???

I was just playing a mission where I wanted my 2" mortar to lay a smoke screen but instead of firing off all of it's rounds it fired 1 WP and then stopped. I did this 3 types (I play wego) so only fired off 3 rounds, needless to say I was less than impressed by the smoke screen set down especially as the winds were very strong, though not as impressed as the troops it was supposed to cover.

So, is this a bug or have the 2" mortars been designed to only fire off 1 round of smoke at a time? At first I thought that becasue the first couple of rounds had dropped short the target point had become obscured and so the firing stopped but as the third round landed long this can't be the case.

Thanks

ctid98

I had my 2" fire off something like 5 - 6 shots of smoke in a single WEGO turn just a couple hours ago. On the first turn of the smoke order it fired one round, then bout halfway through the next turn they started pumping out rounds.

needless to say I was less than impressed by the smoke screen set down especially as the winds were very strong, though not as impressed as the troops it was supposed to cover.

I don't know about the 1 round issue your having but I dare say your troops wouldn't have been impressed even if the mortar had fired off 3 or more rounds. In very strong winds, your smoke is going to dissipate very quickly anyway ...

Since we're on the topic, anyone else think the smoke looks far better in v1.10 then it did in v1.01??? It seemed a bit too 'cotton ball' for my tastes before, now it looks more like smoke should. Maybe it's just me, lol.