Idea for next major release: ZSLT

I just stumbled about an idea @wargamer-forum, that seems quite brilliant to me:

It would be great if that during the loading time we could see a jpeg/bmp/whatever of the OOB, tactical map, even the debrief of the loading mission. That is instead of the regular splash screen photos.

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=582865&pg=2

If it is too much labor, to display the briefing early, it should not be too difficult to give scenario designers the option to include one "loading" pic for each side. In case a scenario contains such a pic, it is displayed immediately instead of the loading-pics of the game; if there is none, things stay as they are now.

With this neat little trick the waiting time would be transformed into briefing-time. :cool:

CM Battle of the Bulge

New Features:

ZSLT © (Zero Scenario Loading Time) :D

Two arguments against it:

In my opinion the loading screen images are important for a WWII strategy game. They are nice to see and they are good for accomodation. WWII photos do a lot for the atmosphere of the game. I like them very much.

On fast computers the loading screen is shown only for about 10 seconds - enough time for a photo but not for a briefing.