Small Bug - Flickering Floating Icons

Probably just a Mac issue and it's very minor. Allied floating icons flicker during replays (even when screen reaches 'done') when one of the icons is selected. 100% repeatable.

I noticed this as well on my Macbook Pro ....

I was wondering if it was some new game indication of some sort of action taking place, but what I couldn't figure out... :confused:

Regards,

Doug

Edit: By the way, all my Allied floating icons only flicker when I select one of them. If I un-select it, they don't flicker. I also get the constant dive bombing plane noise in our 1.01 current match

For the dive bombing noise, does this happen when you're starting a new scenario?

For the flickering... I haven't seen this. It could be a driver thing, it could also be something with the install. Are you guys on Lion? What video cards are you using?

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Mac OSX 10.7.3

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0647

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: 3437

gMux Version: 1.7.3

Displays:

Color LCD:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Regards,

Doug

I noticed this as well on my Macbook Pro ....

I was wondering if it was some new game indication of some sort of action taking place, but what I couldn't figure out... :confused:

Regards,

Doug

Edit: By the way, all my Allied floating icons only flicker when I select one of them. If I un-select it, they don't flicker. I also get the constant dive bombing plane noise in our 1.01 current match

Yes - only flicker if one selected.

Yes - I got some strange aeroplane sounds when attempting to continue my PBEM game of Huzzar in 1.10. I assumed that this was a conflict of versions so I just installed a 1.01 copy too.

Okay - guys, can you each let me know OS, the options you've got turned on in the game, and video card model? Also, if you're all using the alternate hotkey file? I'll see if we can reproduce this on our end, that'll make it a lot easier to fix.

Very odd.

I'm running a late 2008 2.8 Ghz Core Duo iMac with:

256mb video memory - ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro

OS 10.6.8

4GB RAM

I pulled the 'Z' folder out and flickering continues.

I am using my own edited version of 'Hotkeys Original'

Video Settings: err...

Sound: On

V-Sync: ON

1920x1200

Anti-alias/Multisample: ON

Quality: Better/Better

High PRiority: OFF

Left-Click: OFF

P.S>I have noticed that the unit models drop to a lower quality at a closer distance than before - is this part of the 1.10 optimisation to improve Framerate?

About the P.S., not necessarily.

Can you send me an email when you've got a minute, xian? I'd like to try something that might have an effect on this.

Thanks guys!

Okay - guys, can you each let me know OS, the options you've got turned on in the game, and video card model? Also, if you're all using the alternate hotkey file? I'll see if we can reproduce this on our end, that'll make it a lot easier to fix.

Very odd.

Video card settings in previous post and yes to ALT HOTKEY thingy ...

Pic attached of in-game settings ..

Regards,

Doug