Colony MPP

Hi Tirane

Whether or not MPPs are transferred can depend on the season, on the port strength of the starting and finishing locations, and also if any waypoints are in enemy hands.

The best way to check if a convoy route exists is to go to the Convoy Map which is contained within the War Map.

But it is also possible that the convoy will only exist under certain situations, e.g. if a country has a % leaning towards one side or the other, possibly even controlled by Decision event.

My impression of the convoy system is as follows, however, I could be wrong as I am not part of the developer beta tester crowd.

There are essentially two types of convoy - the first type comes from either a country that is your ally in the war or a country which you control. These convoys will operate unless interdicted or passing through a weakened port. The convoys will pass to you a percentage of the MPP generated in the country as specified by the scenario designer - you can spend the MPPs that arrive as you wish. Essentially the designer has decided that these MPPs should be put at risk because they might be intercepted. The percentage of the MPPs not sent to you by your owned countries or minor allies will be yours to spend regardless of the fate of the convoy. Notionally you ought to spend those MPPs in the country of origin by buying units there but this is not enforced by the game so again you can spend them as you wish. Similarly if a major country ally has sent you convoyed aid e.g. US Lend Lease then you can spend that which arrives as you wish in the receiving country UK or USSR or their minor allies. The MPPs that the US did not send are only available for spend in the US and its minor allies so this is a difference to convoys coming from your own cotrolled or minor allied countries.

The second type of convoy comes from a country that is not yet an ally or an enemy but is trading with you. An example of this is Germany trading with Sweden. These MPPs boost your income and can be spent as you wish. However, there is a risk that your trading partner may turn against you through diplomatic pressure or as a result of your own aggressive actions. In this case the trade may stop and you no longer receive the MPP income. It is advisable to keep an eye on the leanings of your trading partners.

If you conquer a new country or establish an alliance and no convoy appears (the designer has not created one) then you will get the MPPs from that country or ally and their transfer to you is not subject to interdiction.

I hope this is both right and helpful!

regards

Mike