Another LOS Problem in CMBN

hi i have seen in previous games that even if you can spot a target, with your tank, but not get a line of sight in PBEM, the tank will still fire on the taget it can see without LOS, and this is okay and all good.

The problem i have had in one or two Pbem games is that i have two situations i do not understand;

I have a 75mm sherman hidden behind a bocage 203m directly infront of a STUG III G (mid), i have LOS but indicates Partially Hull Down so i target the Stug and wait, over 3 turns went by and my tank never fired, just sat there with a red taget line to the Stug and never changed from spotting to aiming, at the end of three turns i gave the targeting order again with the same result, my tank never fired.

The exact same thing happened to a 76mm sherman targeting a Panther at 431m directly infront of my tank hidden behind bocage. Both german tanks where facing directly at my tanks so it was a shot to the frontal armour of there tanks.

The only reason i can think of is that in the game the tank crew will not fire unless they are within kill range of there main gun of the specific target, if so could someone from bfc please, sometime after the release of Common Wealth Forces model, give us some details on the effective kill ranges that are used in the game, just generaly. As it would be very usefull in game play to know your 75mm or 76mm sherman will not fire until within a certain distance of a panthers frontal armour.

Before anyone asks i lost the saved games that show it but am still playing the game so i have details of distances and vehicles involved, but can not show actual events.

hi i have seen in previous games that even if you can spot a target, with your tank, but not get a line of sight in PBEM, the tank will still fire on the taget it can see without LOS, and this is okay and all good.

The problem i have had in one or two Pbem games is that i have two situations i do not understand;

I have a 75mm sherman hidden behind a bocage 203m directly infront of a STUG III G (mid), i have LOS but indicates Partially Hull Down so i target the Stug and wait, over 3 turns went by and my tank never fired, just sat there with a red taget line to the Stug and never changed from spotting to aiming, at the end of three turns i gave the targeting order again with the same result, my tank never fired.

The exact same thing happened to a 76mm sherman targeting a Panther at 431m directly infront of my tank hidden behind bocage. Both german tanks where facing directly at my tanks so it was a shot to the frontal armour of there tanks.

The only reason i can think of is that in the game the tank crew will not fire unless they are within kill range of there main gun of the specific target, if so could someone from bfc please, sometime after the release of Common Wealth Forces model, give us some details on the effective kill ranges that are used in the game, just generaly. As it would be very usefull in game play to know your 75mm or 76mm sherman will not fire until within a certain distance of a panthers frontal armour.

Before anyone asks i lost the saved games that show it but am still playing the game so i have details of distances and vehicles involved, but can not show actual events.

I believe the reason for these kind of situations is that although there is line of sight to the target, there is no line of fire. The target can be quite ambiguous about this. Have you tried moving your Shermans? They should start shelling away.