3-D units counter updated for World War 3?

In the scenario "1948 World AT War" will there the 3-D units counter be updated?

Fighters, bombers, tanks, battleships, submarines, etc.

Thus, in 1948 jets were widespread instead of propellers in the aircraft arsenal.

At Strategic Command, the graphics are not so important, but such a things should already be.

So I'll would love to see the Leopard I tank for the German Army!

Could I please tag a question onto this thread. I see the actual sprites used in the game are held in bitmap folders for the game as a whole and then for individual campaigns so they can be tailored. Is there any standard tool or recommended approach as to how to modify the sprite images? All the country sprites for every unit seem to appear in one image repeated 3 times with each set 10 lines deep (1 for each major =8 and 1 for each sides' minors =2, 8+2 + 10?) giving 30 lines of mini pictures for each type of unit. Some units appear to have progressive images e.g. 5 sets of increasing size tank images but others do not have the same variety. There are also some extra sprites for zoom, mirrored etc? It all looks quite complex.

Is there a document that describes how to make simple changes. For example I would like to use the Antitank unit as representing a less powerful Tank unit with, for example, just one strike. The Germans did not typically deploy enough Tanks in N Africa to qualify for a full-sized Tank Group. It would be good to just change the current A/T sprite to be the same as a Tank Group but I am nervous of doing that without knowing how these various files interact.

I will quite understand if someone tells me that it is too complicated to explain just to achieve a simple mod which I can do anyway by using the Tank Group from an appropriate minor although that will give home build complications.

Regards

Mike

Could I please tag a question onto this thread. I see the actual sprites used in the game are held in bitmap folders for the game as a whole and then for individual campaigns so they can be tailored. Is there any standard tool or recommended approach as to how to modify the sprite images? All the country sprites for every unit seem to appear in one image repeated 3 times with each set 10 lines deep (1 for each major =8 and 1 for each sides' minors =2, 8+2 + 10?) giving 30 lines of mini pictures for each type of unit. Some units appear to have progressive images e.g. 5 sets of increasing size tank images but others do not have the same variety. There are also some extra sprites for zoom, mirrored etc? It all looks quite complex.

Is there a document that describes how to make simple changes. For example I would like to use the Antitank unit as representing a less powerful Tank unit with, for example, just one strike. The Germans did not typically deploy enough Tanks in N Africa to qualify for a full-sized Tank Group. It would be good to just change the current A/T sprite to be the same as a Tank Group but I am nervous of doing that without knowing how these various files interact.

I will quite understand if someone tells me that it is too complicated to explain just to achieve a simple mod which I can do anyway by using the Tank Group from an appropriate minor although that will give home build complications.

Regards

Mike

I don't know any simpler way, but i use paint.net to edit the images, i used it to change a lot of bitmaps, i was doing it for my recently dead Winter War mod in a very small scale, so i changed all the possible flags, displays of NM, units, terrain color, i changed from german standards to finnish standards and japonese standards to sweden standards, also changed the DE screen using the screens for SC: TGW standards. It's not hard, I used the sprits from AH for the finns and the japonese for sweden, just copy and past. For the units sprit, i used the pixel scales of the editor so i could change the image and keep it in the same place. I don't know an easier to it but it's very possible with some pacience and concentration.

Edit: I did all the moding using the editor of SC: TGW.

In the scenario "1948 World AT War" will there the 3-D units counter be updated?

Fighters, bombers, tanks, battleships, submarines, etc.

Thus, in 1948 jets were widespread instead of propellers in the aircraft arsenal.

At Strategic Command, the graphics are not so important, but such a things should already be.

So I'll would love to see the Leopard I tank for the German Army!

Leopard I was introduced only in 1965. Why should it be in a 1948 campaign?

But there are jet planes and newer tanks in the 1948 campaign (Migs, Sabres, M48 etc.).