new install

New computer and new install - I have installed CMSF but can't get it to launch (a test before I load all the modules and patches again) when I click on either the desktop icon or from within the installed program. Is this the DEP problem originally encountered? The fix is no longer available from tech support, so if this is the case, can someone please tell me what to do?

Ta

I'm not sure what 'fix' you believe is not available anymore.

DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is a hardware/software security feature implemented in Windows that can potentially cause problems with eLicense. Here's our Knowledgebase article on DEP.

Another possibility is security software (anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware, firewall, internet-security). These programs can potentially shut down eLicense, which in turn prevents the game from running. If you tell us what you're running, we may have some suggestions on changes that might be necessary.

Ah - that's what I was looking for. The CMSF Troubleshooting link doesn't direct you to this, only to a reference, now removed. However, it doesn't seem to help - I still can't get a launch screen in order to enter the key. Double-clicking on desktop icon or ingame icon does not seem to have any effect.