HMG firing at tree

I have an HMG team just behind bocage and a tree. They have LOS to an enemy position on the other side of the map. But the HMG itself just shoots at the tree directly in front of it and does this constantly for a minute. "Minor" fixes would be that it stops shooting when it realises that the tree is not dangerous or that the targeting line from an HMG team shows what the actual HMG can see/shoot since that's the main weapon.

However, isn't the "real" fix that an HMG team should automatically move the HMG a little to the side so that it shoots past the tree? We're only talking of lifting and moving it half a metre or so. Surely that's possible? I can understand why the gunner of HMG team always seems to line up to a tree to get better cover. But at the expense of being able to shoot at targets?

Is this issue known and does anyone know if there is any plan to fix it?

I have a save game showing this behaviour if needed (but I think I can't upload a .bts file to this forum). Thanks.

Yeah, I´m not 100 percent sure, but it could perhaps have something to do with LOS issues, as is continually being discussed in various forms. For example, have a look at this thread, I think Erwin is the one who brings up what might have something to do with this, though your experience sure looks like something else as well:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=102333

Thanks. Yes, on reading what Erwin wrote the issue is similar and what he proposes as a fix would be just fine for me. There are other members of the HMG team that are happily firing away at the target since they have no tree blocking them - just bocage that they see and shoot through. If the guy with the actual HMG swapped places with one of those guys then he could shoot at the target instead and that would seem to be realistically what such a team would do in real life - just to be clear, the team are providing (supposed to be providing) suppressive fire at about 440m range.

So that would be enough of a fix. If I'm being greedy though, I would prefer that the HMG guy kept his position adjacent to the tree for maximum cover and just moved marginally to be able to shoot past the tree. I think that's the most realisitc of all of what a team would actually do. And if I then wanted to target something requiring him to adjust to be able to shoot past the other side of the tree then he'd adjust to do that too.

Anyway, I'll put that scenario on ice and hope to be able to come back and play it again when/if the issue is fixed (even if that's a couple of years away and released at same time as first Eastern front module ...).

In the meantime there are plenty of other scenarios to play where this issue is not an impact and this game really is somewhat awesome even exactly as it is now - and thanks for that by the way.