Are there any new titles planned in the series?

RAM-bo4250

I posted this on the 1C forums but I see more traffic here.

If there are any, what area and time period?

The reason I am asking is because I have come to really enjoy the series. I think even a modern setting would be great. I realize it will be competing with the Combat Mission series (which I also own) but there are certain advantages to this series such as: being able to move individual soldiers; formations; stances; choosing your weapons both personnel and vehicle; and many others. Please 1C, don't let this series become extinct. I also play Men of War. But by far this is the closest thing to a combat sim. I would love to see what this series could do with modern weapons.

Great company 1C! Keep up the good work and I'll keeping doling out the green.

How does the community feel about a new title covering modern (Vietnam and beyond)?

Ron

If there are any, what area and time period?

The reason I am asking is because I have come to really enjoy the series. I think even a modern setting would be great. I realize it will be competing with the Combat Mission series (which I also own) but there are certain advantages to this series such as: being able to move individual soldiers; formations; stances; choosing your weapons both personnel and vehicle; and many others. Please 1C, don't let this series become extinct. I also play Men of War. But by far this is the closest thing to a combat sim. I would love to see what this series could do with modern weapons.

How does the community feel about a new title covering modern (Vietnam and beyond)?

Ron

IMHO 1C company refused to continue the series.:(

• 2 weeks later...

I find that statement really funny!! There's hardly any activity on the ToW forums!

Funny, I actually loathed the micromanagement. I was an infantryman in the '90s and you never had to micromanage a real soldier. Playing Tow2 felt like a click-fest of micromanagement. I had to constantly pause the action so that I could tell some sergeant to tie his shoe laces!!

Based on my headaches with Tow2: Kursk (documented mainly at http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=102066 and http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=102067) I don't think I'll be buying any other 1C games. I was really looking forward to Korea but I really don't want the technical aggravation -- never mind gameplay issues!

It's a shame, really...I was so looking forward to putting down the kind of cash I used to do for the Close Combat series....

• 3 weeks later...
IMHO it didn't sell well because the SP missions were single solution & ridiculously hard & that MP was a complete failure.

If MP had been given more love then things might have been different.

I've recently tested MP with Korea (and WW2 mod), it works perfectly, and now we can have supports, that add much to the gameplay, even though planes have strange flight trajectory!

btw, never liked the stock missions either, ever prefered to make small missions with the mission editor.