Testing scenario ...

I need some help from someone who can describe simply, or email me something, that let's me easily test different kinds of equipment.

All I want to do is create a quick environment where I can select as an example, a vehicle type from each side, then quickly start up the scenario so I can test how one piece of equipment fairs against another.

I would be the human on one side and the computer on the other, but I'd like to be able to switch back and forth.

Quite frankly, just a large wide open piece of terrain would work for my purposes, but the ability to substitute different kinds of vehicles quickly and keep testing would be great.

Can someone teach me how to set this up?

Thanks for any help .. :)

Regards,

Doug

I suggest you just start playing with the scenario editor.

Put some forces on the map, save, and start the scenario.

Then read the documentation for details you don't understand.

I tried that, but I can't seem to get what I save to load and run?

I must be missing something obvious...

Regards,

Doug

You have to put the scenario in the gamefile\scenarios folder, by choosing the right directory when you save.

Or you have to manually move the .btt file after you have created it, but that is cumbersome. Once you have a testfile in the scenarios folder, you can open, edit and overwrite it from the editor program.

You can also open an existing scenario and save it under a new name, so you have an example of a complete scenario, that you can then change and play around with.

You need to deploy each side in the editor - this is an option within the units section of the editor.

And to pre-empt your likely next question :) the AI side will not move, unless you have given them an AI plan.

P

Thanks Pete.... got it going roughly ... :D

How do I get a couple of hills planted on the map in the middle so they all don't start shooting at each other across open ground until I can try some maneuvers... I can out trees and things there, but I can't seem to change elevations ... maybe I should start with an existing scenario that has terrain and modify it ..

Regards,

Doug

but I can't seem to change elevations

second page of map terrain types will bring up the height elevation section.

The entire map will change to whatever height you first place, but once you start adding differing heights either as spots or contour lines you will begin to see elevation changes.

P