Waitin' on 1.04: the Russian Navy

There seems to be two major strategic decisions for the TE player re: the Russian navy.

1) For the Baltic fleets, stay in port or come out and fight. Considering how easily my German opponent smashed my navy in port in 1.02, I was forced to reconsider the 'fleet in being' strategy for the Baltic. i don't know how, if at all, this will change with 1.04. One thing I didn't think of doing was going after the CP player's own North Sea ports and Kiel Canal opening while he was using his navy in the Baltic. This might have alleviated some pressure there.

2) What to do with Russian naval reinforcements. The submarines and dreadnoughts can make a real difference in controlling the Black Sea, but do you want them bottled up in there? If the Turks just decide to ignore them, the Russian ships basically just become interned (unless seaborne invasions are considered). Personally, I thought it was worth it to dominate the Black Sea, but I never did anything with it.

I will generally deploy them in the Baltic, but occasionally it's nice to surprise the Turks with a naval or even amphibious offensive.

It's possible that with the Caucasus being opened up more in the future, deploying them in the Black Sea will prove more worthwhile than currently. And at least doing so reduces the shameful possibility of having the Russian Black Sea Fleet beaten by the Turkish navy!