Problem with double units!

I have been working on a new mod, but when i playtest it i ran in to a new problem. All Allied countries gets double units placed on the map at the start of the campaign!

I only have majors in the campaign and only Allies seems to have this issue. And sometimes even more than doubkle units appear, i have seen 4 cruisers with same name.

And i a move or shoot with 1 of these units, then after the other one can not be moved /shoot.

The map is an old SC2 that i have reused.

Any guesses why?

This could be a scripting issue. I have seen double units appear when a surrender script activated but the wrong country ID was used. This created duplicate units in the named country. However, the units created actually functioned normally even though they had the same names and characteristics.

Hi Cantona

Importing unit data from previous games isn't likely to work due to the new unit types that have been added since, so I wonder if this could be the cause of the problem?

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to remove all units, especially including any in the Production Queue, and adding them back in manually. Perhaps try out just one country to start with, to see if it fixes the issue for that country, before doing it for all.

Bill

Hi Bill, i just tried removing all units for 1 country and then adding 1 HQ there but another one turned up when DOW.

Bu the way, i did not import the units from the old game, i tried but it did not work out and there are no units in production queue only on the map and in scripts.

Any more ideas? Please :-)