Serious bug in Call to Arms Russian Surrender

In a Call to Arms game, I just completely crushed Russia, killing most every unit and captured both Petrograd and Moscow, as well as Rostov with Austro-Hungarians, was almost at the Caucasus oil.

Now, when Russia surrenders, something utterly bizarre happens. I am thrown out of the country by a magical wind, all my troops, and suddenly Russia has reclaimed everything. I lose the Ukraine, I lose the Baltic Countries, all I'm left with is Poland.

This seems like it's some sort of a bug that accidentally brings about the Brest-Litovsk peace treaty although it hasn't been signed. Also the Bolsheviks aren't strong because of Lenin not being sent.

By all rights I should control all of Russia now. There is no way Germany would give up its conquests like this. I don't think we can continue the game with a bug this serious...I'll have to attack it all over again, and that takes a LOOONG time.

Moreover, most of the Austro-Hungarian army got sent to east Turkey, the most remote and inhospitable place possible, without any rail links out of there. They're trapped there for a loong time, and attacking through the mountains, well we all know how impossible that is.

I assume it can't be fixed mid-game, so I guess I'll just have to attack again and count this game as unfinished due to a bug and simply attack again and see where we get to regardless of the bug.

But please fix it for 1.04.

Hi Glabro

This is a situation we'll have to look into, because without seeing the file, my interpretation is that you've managed to conquer Russia, presumably very quickly, so that it's National Morale is still above zero, and it has consequently surrendered due to its capitals having been captured?

I don't think that you will need to attack Russia again in order to win, because they are no longer in the war and that should be sufficient to attain victory once you have also knocked out France.

But can you email me a turn please so that I can take a look to be sure?

If you could also let me know if it is an AI game or PBEM it would be great.

Thanks!

Bill

Replied to in the e-mail, but for the benefit of the forum I'll say that yes, you're correct about the situation, but I need to attack Russia, Ukraine etc. again to reclaim all the income I just lost which is absolutely necessary to overpower the Entente, particularly because they're getting an income boost from the partially conquered Spain which I foolishly brought into the war as I posted earlier. But the script threw my Austrian units next to Transcaucasus, where they'll have a "fun" or at least very expensive time getting out because I did conquer Romania before, that at least I did not lose.

Hi Glabro

This is a situation we'll have to look into, because without seeing the file, my interpretation is that you've managed to conquer Russia, presumably very quickly, so that it's National Morale is still above zero, and it has consequently surrendered due to its capitals having been captured?

I don't think that you will need to attack Russia again in order to win, because they are no longer in the war and that should be sufficient to attain victory once you have also knocked out France.

But can you email me a turn please so that I can take a look to be sure?

If you could also let me know if it is an AI game or PBEM it would be great.

Thanks!

Bill